Redmeadow Belts

You like you some belts?

• I like me some belts

Votes: 25 96.2%
  • I don't wear pants

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
I've gotta touch base with the next beltee and after theirs are done I'll be opening these up those of you interested. I'm not a fan of long waiting lists so maybe instead we'll do a draw of some sort to see who'll be up next.
20230222_113436-02.jpeg

Let's go with calling these configurations the "City Slicker" and the "Big Country".

Those are the two colors in the buffalo (full disclosure these are water buffalo, not American Bison). I have close to the entire spectrum of thread colors so we can change things up to any combination.

I've gotta touch base with the next beltee and after theirs are done I'll be opening these up those of you interested. I'm not a fan of long waiting lists so maybe instead we'll do a draw of some sort to see who'll be up next.
View attachment 2092445

Let's go with calling these configurations the "City Slicker" and the "Big Country".

Those are the two colors in the buffalo (full disclosure these are water buffalo, not American Bison). I have close to the entire spectrum of thread colors so we can change things up to any combination.
Hope to grab one of these bad boys soon. Great work John!

Hope to grab one of these bad boys soon. Great work John!

Belts look great John

those do look most excellent! whether its a list or a drawing Id love to get signed up for one of those black ones sir.

Thanks Gents! To be honest the more of these I make the more the more their quality impresses me.

We'll draw names from this thread at some point so posting in here is a good idea for anyone interested in one.

View attachment 2092445

Very good looking. Great job. I think the water buff makes a great belt. Tough to find American bison in veg tan. I've used some in the past to make a couple tack items but I wouldn't know where to source any. What I had was given to me by a local saddle maker that was making saddles for Ted Turner and Jane Fonda. Ted Turner was supplying the leather that he'd had custom tanned from his herd of buffs for the saddles. It made good saddles but wouldn't have been very good belts if I remember correctly. This was probably 25 years ago or more maybe. Anyhoo great job on those and its kinda tough to take pics of belts ain't it?

Very good looking. Great job. I think the water buff makes a great belt. Tough to find American bison in veg tan. I've used some in the past to make a couple tack items but I wouldn't know where to source any. What I had was given to me by a local saddle maker that was making saddles for Ted Turner and Jane Fonda. Ted Turner was supplying the leather that he'd had custom tanned from his herd of buffs for the saddles. It made good saddles but wouldn't have been very good belts if I remember correctly. This was probably 25 years ago or more maybe. Anyhoo great job on those and its kinda tough to take pics of belts ain't it?
Thanks Dave, I appreciate the kind words. I'd love to find some American Bison someday, that would be really cool.

Pics are really difficult, I thought knives were tough to photograph but belts add whole new issues. I think the trick would be to have two belts of the same style and then you might be able to manipulate all the important parts in one shot and still make it look like one belt.

Thanks Dave, I appreciate the kind words. I'd love to find some American Bison someday, that would be really cool.

Pics are really difficult, I thought knives were tough to photograph but belts add whole new issues. I think the trick would be to have two belts of the same style and then you might be able to manipulate all the important parts in one shot and still make it look like one belt.
Lets see some belt pic ideas. Well there is the curly cue. Here around a side of leather:

jAEDt6A.jpg

On the bod while fixing fence:

F9f9toN.jpg

Through the hocks of a cow elk so ya can drag em back to camp:

PVO0qcy.jpg

Bout it gots no more pic ideas for ya.

Great pics Dave, wound around a small tree might be a good one, similar to your first pic. At 15 below I think I'll try that another day 😁

Truck hood is about the best I've got so far.
View attachment 2093435
I like that! Great belt and pic. Clever use of your stitching groover, or compass or dividers or forked thingy. Yeah the tree thing would be a hard pass around here today too.

Montana born and raised. Almost like she's quoting Die Hard: "Come out to the coast":

7R6DGgZ.jpg

"We'll get together and have some laughs":

zAQ3vYw.jpg

DOPR8ep.jpg

And thats before the 29 inches they are calling for today. Hope Mack Mack is down the hill, they just closed the freeway up here.

30 below here but it's supposed to warm up in the next couple of days. The Redmeadow household has been sick for the last few days, laid up with fevers. It finally hit me yesterday. I've been working and playing Mr. Mom so the shop hasn't been too productive this week. I'm gonna try to Nyquil out today and hopefully kick it.

Get well soon! Our daughter had been down for a week too with the creepy crud but she's up now and back at it. Dayquil and Nyquil is what worked for her. Kinda funny deal part way through she runs out and her husband goes to the store and gets herthe after market stuff. It didn't work for her at all. Day later he's back at the store getting the name brand. It worked.

Just took 2 Nyquil, those knock me out better than the no-names.

Enjoy any fever-dream posting I may do later! 😆

Love my Redmeadow belts! Had to say that to stay on topic. ;)

Sick here too. Family all had a stomach bug early in the week. I thought I had gotten by it, but it hit me HARD at ~11:30pm Wednesday night. No fun, and no way to take any medicine. 🤮

I like that! Great belt and pic. Clever use of your stitching groover, or compass or dividers or forked thingy. Yeah the tree thing would be a hard pass around here today too.

Montana born and raised. Almost like she's quoting Die Hard: "Come out to the coast":

7R6DGgZ.jpg

"We'll get together and have some laughs":

zAQ3vYw.jpg

DOPR8ep.jpg

And thats before the 29 inches they are calling for today. Hope Mack Mack is down the hill, they just closed the freeway up here.
I thought about heading that way but thought better of it. Made it over Grapevine last night before it was closed and made it over 166 to the coast before they closed it. Hope they don't close 101 overnight or I won't make it home.
Beautiful pics. I just love the area that you call home.

Back