Redmeadow Belts

You like you some belts?

• I like me some belts

Votes: 25 96.2%
  • I don't wear pants

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
Hey John, I’m just checking in to verify that I’m wanting a belt. From what I’ve seen so far, they all look awesome. I’d be happy with anyone.
That red on black looks almost too nice to be a daily belt. I don’t know where to call a dibs or provide the necessary info for the size.

Good to hear from you Jared, glad the belts workin out!

Been having some growing pains with the fit on these, I'm through it and we're full speed ahead on these.

Just cut up another side of the crazy horse and was about to cut up another and realized I don't think it's the color I ordered. I think this is actually.... dare I say it..... OXBLOOD! Aaaaaaa the brass of the leather world for me 😆 For those those of you that have been around for a while you know I'm kooky about certain things and had a good natured battle once with Melivin Purvis (I miss Shel) about my disdain for the color Oxblood. Contacted the supplier to see if I could confirm somehow the color but this looks like straight up oxblood.

The problem is that I like it and think it'll be nice on a belt! Imagine my surprise when I began to appreciate the rich reddish tone only to realize much later that what I was enjoying was most likely my nemesis leather color.

So here I sit with a side of Oxblood trying to decide between stickng to my stubbornness and sending this hideous beast back from whence it came, or admitting to myself that I... might... actually... like..... Oxblood....

I fear that I must yield and admit I was...... wrong.... maybe....
Got a pic John? I was wrong once, course I might be wrong about that…………. Probably no.

Hey John, I’m just checking in to verify that I’m wanting a belt. From what I’ve seen so far, they all look awesome. I’d be happy with anyone.
That red on black looks almost too nice to be a daily belt. I don’t know where to call a dibs or provide the necessary info for the size.

I'm goin with Oxblood, here it is against Crazy Horse, it's a little darker in person. It was shipped as chocolate on the order, which looked like it should be a dark, almost golden brown. I wish I could buy leather in person but my nearest shop is Montana Leather in Billings around 5 hours away.
20230819_141618-01.jpeg

Hey good to hear from you man! I've got a couple on the bench and I'll get yours up next. I'm trying to re-detail my measurement instructions and get these fits perfected. Having some growing pains but hey, nothing worth doing comes easy.

Hey good to hear from you man! I've got a couple on the bench and I'll get yours up next. I'm trying to re-detail my measurement instructions and get these fits perfected. Having some growing pains but hey, nothing worth doing comes easy.

Anthony I couldn't find your email in my records for some reason, I've got your address though. Shoot me a Gmail at redmeadowknives and I'll get you some info on the belts.

I'm goin with Oxblood, here it is against Crazy Horse, it's a little darker in person. It was shipped as chocolate on the order, which looked like it should be a dark, almost golden brown. I wish I could buy leather in person but my nearest shop is Montana Leather in Billings around 5 hours away.
View attachment 2292571
I like it my friend.

Years ago we use to make a lot of wildrags. A LOT of wildrags. A wildrag is the silk scarf worn by cowboys. We don't wear scarves we wear wildrags!

om4GlKl.jpg

WntOMWL.jpg

EQbvqMo.jpg

Nichole my wife, made em all and she'd sell 150 of em at a show sometimes. We used a special sandwashed silk that only we could find. We'd go down to the bowels of the Los Angeles Garment district and kick around and find this silk. Think Tijuana in Arabic and thats pretty much it. We'd always have a limited budget to buy silk and while it was a pretty big budget it would only go so far when you were buying 90 yards of this color and 50 yards of that and two rolls of this, etc. It was her gig but sometimes we'd differ on which colors to get. Onetime we found this golden mustard colored silk. It was a small remnant roll maybe 20 yards or so (her wildrags were 38"x38"). We'd never seen this color before or since. I was pretty sure it would sell well, she was pretty sure it wouldn't. I prevailed. She made up the wildrags and dang if they didn't sell off our website literally overnight. All gone like that. I've got one in my wildrag drawer. I hardly ever wear it, as I'm not particularly fond of the color. But they did sell. Whats the moral of this story? I'd embrace the oxblood and make belts.

I like it my friend.

Years ago we use to make a lot of wildrags. A LOT of wildrags. A wildrag is the silk scarf worn by cowboys. We don't wear scarves we wear wildrags!

om4GlKl.jpg

WntOMWL.jpg

EQbvqMo.jpg

Nichole my wife, made em all and she'd sell 150 of em at a show sometimes. We used a special sandwashed silk that only we could find. We'd go down to the bowels of the Los Angeles Garment district and kick around and find this silk. Think Tijuana in Arabic and thats pretty much it. We'd always have a limited budget to buy silk and while it was a pretty big budget it would only go so far when you were buying 90 yards of this color and 50 yards of that and two rolls of this, etc. It was her gig but sometimes we'd differ on which colors to get. Onetime we found this golden mustard colored silk. It was a small remnant roll maybe 20 yards or so (her wildrags were 38"x38"). We'd never seen this color before or since. I was pretty sure it would sell well, she was pretty sure it wouldn't. I prevailed. She made up the wildrags and dang if they didn't sell off our website literally overnight. All gone like that. I've got one in my wildrag drawer. I hardly ever wear it, as I'm not particularly fond of the color. But they did sell. Whats the moral of this story? I'd embrace the oxblood and make belts.

Those wildrags are handy. I've got a silk scarf I carry sometimes, it's hideously covered in paisleys but man it comes in handy in the winter. I've got a thick wool scarf that's my go to in bad cold when the wind's hawkin.

I'm gonna take your advice there, these will make some nice lookin belts. Not a color I'd have picked as I'm more of a rustic guy but one that I think is going to look pretty sharp. It'll give a good option between the crazy horse and black. It'll be interesting to see what colors of thread make it pop.

Speakin of colors, I keep telling the wife she should make women's belts in wild leather colors with wild thread, and wild stitch patterns, loud combinations. I think that would catch on around here. The local outfitter carry's a ton of belts but they're all the usual suspects you see everywhere.

Those wildrags are handy. I've got a silk scarf I carry sometimes, it's hideously covered in paisleys but man it comes in handy in the winter. I've got a thick wool scarf that's my go to in bad cold when the wind's hawkin.

I'm gonna take your advice there, these will make some nice lookin belts. Not a color I'd have picked as I'm more of a rustic guy but one that I think is going to look pretty sharp. It'll give a good option between the crazy horse and black. It'll be interesting to see what colors of thread make it pop.

Speakin of colors, I keep telling the wife she should make women's belts in wild leather colors with wild thread, and wild stitch patterns, loud combinations. I think that would catch on around here. The local outfitter carry's a ton of belts but they're all the usual suspects you see everywhere.
I was thinking royal blue thread.

I was thinking royal blue thread.
I've got a few shades of blue, that could be cool. I've been collecting thread colors over the last couple of years so I'll have to lay the spools out on the leather and see what stands out.

I told Melissa if she made belts she could call them the WinchCinch 😄

I was prepared to duck and cover but was met with a giggle.

Yep those wildrags sure do help when its get cool. I'm surprised how many folks break em out in the tripe digits. Lot of gals around here will wet one and then wear it tied loose around the neck.

Nichole shopping in the Garment District. The vertical rolls of silk to her right are the ones she'd decided to get:

92sxOBW.jpg

She made some "wild" wildrags too like your paisley one but we were famous for the solid colored sandwashed silk ones. They stopped making that kind of silk after that huge tsunami years back. Besides killing hundreds of thousands of folks it wiped out all the silk worms too. They never started back up with the sandwashed manufacturing again. We haven't made any wildrags in about four years now. We still get calls and emails asking for them, almost weekly.

I told Melissa if she made belts she could call them the WinchCinch 😄

I was prepared to duck and cover but was met with a giggle.
I like it, you skated! Seriously, there's a market for sure. And if you have a Junior rodeo association around. Those guys hand out buckles like candy to those kids and they all need belts to put em on. Mom knows the kid is gonna outgrow the belt in a bit so they like the water buff with colored stitching. Pass it down to lil brother too. Kinda similar but how is Ains doing with her riding lessons?

Yep those wildrags sure do help when its get cool. I'm surprised how many folks break em out in the tripe digits. Lot of gals around here will wet one and then wear it tied loose around the neck.

Nichole shopping in the Garment District. The vertical rolls of silk to her right are the ones she'd decided to get:

92sxOBW.jpg

She made some "wild" wildrags too like your paisley one but we were famous for the solid colored sandwashed silk ones. They stopped making that kind of silk after that huge tsunami years back. Besides killing hundreds of thousands of folks it wiped out all the silk worms too. They never started back up with the sandwashed manufacturing again. We haven't made any wildrags in about four years now. We still get calls and emails asking for them, almost weekly.

I like it, you skated! Seriously, there's a market for sure. And if you have a Junior rodeo association around. Those guys hand out buckles like candy to those kids and they all need belts to put em on. Mom knows the kid is gonna outgrow the belt in a bit so they like the water buff with colored stitching. Pass it down to lil brother too. Kinda similar but how is Ains doing with her riding lessons?
She's about to start riding lessons up again. We had them on pause when she was on swim team, with daily practice and out of town swim meets every weekend it was pretty time demanding there for a while.

The kids and Mel got to meet Governor Gianforte at the stables a month or so ago. He spent the morning at the stables and the gal that runs it invited us, I couldn't make it unfortunately. I'll have to dig up the picture, he was nice to the kids and they thought it was a pretty cool deal.

She's about to start riding lessons up again. We had them on pause when she was on swim team, with daily practice and out of town swim meets every weekend it was pretty time demanding there for a while.

The kids and Mel got to meet Governor Gianforte at the stables a month or so ago. He spent the morning at the stables and the gal that runs it invited us, I couldn't make it unfortunately. I'll have to dig up the picture, he was nice to the kids and they thought it was a pretty cool deal.
Love to see that pic. That is history for sure! Good deal. A fun one for Ains, last time I dunked a basketball:

XRM8nTt.jpg

Have her look close at the rowel of my spur. My friend Tapadero of Taps Bit and Spur shop made that set of spurs for me years ago (the bridle bit too but thats not part of the story). Its a very unique rowel and what he'd done is taken a picture of a concho and flattened it on the computer and then make a line drawing out of it and said that would be a cool rowel and so thats what he did. I had the very first ones that he'd made. Back when Arnold was Gubernator of Kalifornia, he somehow, some where heard about this rowel. He commissioned Tap to make three pairs of spurs with that rowel. While my heel band is engraved he wanted the heel band left blank on these three pair. He had the State of California Silversmith (didn't know there was such a gig but guess there is), make a silver engraved plate that said" From the People of the Great State of California". These plates were pinned on to the heel band. Two pair were given on an official visit to Mexico by Arnold to Vincente Fox and his wife and the other pair was given to George W when he was President. So thats the closest I've ever been to meeting a Governor!

I just retrieved this beauty from my mailbox and couldn't wait to test it out. I've been wearing the same belt I made myself some 20 years ago and though it's still going strong, an upgrade of this caliber was definitely warranted and appreciated.

John, this belt fits perfectly and the craftsmanship is exceptional - I couldn't be happier. Thank you!

MDRjVq3.jpg

bwMoNxC.jpg

2nd time's the charm...got my new one yesterday and fits perfect! John asked a couple times to let him know what I paid for return shipping so he could reimburse me, which I ignored since I felt this was all basically my fault. He ended up sending me some money anyway! The audacity!!! 😁

Thanks again John! Can't wait to get a brown one!

IMG_1263.jpg

^ More great work there John Redmeadow Knives Redmeadow Knives . 👍

Congrats to all the new owners. Welcome to the “Clan of the Cowbelts.” 🤠

Phil
Ha, "Clan of the Cowbelts" that's just awesome😆

I'm glad everyone is enjoying their belts and that we got the fit issues squared away. I made myself one in Big Country style and the kids thought I should go with a silver buckle, looks pretty sharp and I gotta say these are pretty damn comfortable. I appreciate everyone's patience while I dive into the belt world and get things figured out. It's all part of the plan to work out what things I want to put in my wheelhouse. It may seem random but I can assure you that it's not me randomly getting sidetracked. I think the belts are going to be a nice addition.

I ground out a couple of knives yesterday and worked on a Bowie that the kids and I forged out a few months ago. It felt really good workin with steel again, I'd been on a bit of a hiatus for too long.

Back