Reese Bose Moon Glow?

Saw that one at Blade and it was pretty cool looking although not the type of handle material I collect.

What was the blade finish, satin or mirror? Hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like satin.

It was satin if I remember correctly.

Ok so the name gets him twice the price it would be from another maker? Or is the purveyor greedy and thinking we won't notice? Thanks fo rposting this. Its my first view of the stuff Moonglow and I thikn I would like to have some! :D

For anyone who would want a slipjoint in glow in the dark handle material but is not wealthy, Victorinox makes an SAK that is glow in the dark like that. I do not know what model it is, but they had some at SMKW the last time I went there. True, they are not D2 and not from a big name custom maker, but they are multi-bladed and do not cost even 1/7 the price.

My problem is that I am not wealthy but I want a Reese Bose slip joint. I would even take one that does not glow in the dark.

I think it's a cool pattern, but the handle is a turnoff. I am not a big traditional folder guru or anything, but what attracts me to the genre is the use of classic natural materials (mostly, although I like to see some nicely done synthetics, too, like on Crawford's knives). I didn't even look at the price, but with the Bose name attached I'm probably glad I didn't! :eek: Seems a little gimmicky for the level these are sold at, I guess. But I've always liked pretty much everything else with the Bose name attached to it, so you win some and you lose some! ;)

ssunfish said:
Ok so the name gets him twice the price it would be from another maker? Or is the purveyor greedy and thinking we won't notice? Thanks fo rposting this. Its my first view of the stuff Moonglow and I thikn I would like to have some! :D
:D No offense intended but both counts options above are incorrect. It is the quality of the makers work that demands the price. I own two of Reece's knives and for me they are more than worth the price I paid. Considering the wait time on one of Reese's knives, I must not be the only one who thinks so. ;)

Bob is very fair on his pricing on this one considering what he paid for it and in anything I have seen him sell.
(Have known him for at least 10 years.)

Fact: I won the right to purchase two Bose knives this year at Blade.
People (dealers and collectors) approached me right after offering me 100 above what I paid for each knife. Bob's price is within that range.

Bastid said:
Fact: I won the right to purchase two Bose knives this year at Blade.

Shall we open our wound wider. . . . .or would you like to get a bigger salt lick ? :p ;) :D

Luck is all it was :p. Don't worry it will be 10 or 12 years before my name is drawn again. :D

Bastid said:
Luck is all it was :p. Don't worry it will be 10 or 12 years before my name is drawn again. :D

:D Dayum, I wish that I could be that lucky! :D We'll see what next year brings. I began the countdown on July 1st. :D

Back