reflection

TPVT

Gold Member
hi all.
i don't find i post much anymore. but, you'll have to forgive me as i reminisce a bit.

i had a late night at work today and came home and cooked a steak (in bacon grease obviously :rolleyes:), and was looking for the right steak knife to use....and i went "a-ha!"....

i grabbed the knife i forged with Wulf Wulf when i first joined the forum. like most noobies, i came in swinging, asking a bunch of "unanswerable" questions. Derrick said, "hey man, you live near me...why don't you come make a knife." (paraphrased).

that was really my first experience on bladeforums, and i'll never forget it. he was gracious, and i am grateful. thanks Derrick. hope you're doing well.

finished with a nice ghost peppper salt. seriously, it's a thing....

IMG_4821.JPG

Last edited:
Too much awesome. Love to see a better shot of that knife , too!

Derrick’s a great Gentlemen and that looks to be a fine knife....that steak looks real nice, too! :D

Last edited:
Hey, I recognize that knife. You did a great job with it, Todd, and it was a pleasure having you out to the shop. I'm really glad you enjoyed the visit and that you're still getting some good use out of that blade. I'd invite you back out for another session but I left the country a few years ago, sold the house, and, well, it'd be kind of a long drive out to my new place.

That stabilized quilted maple handle still looks great, by the way. Northeastern sugar maple is some of the nicest hardwood in North America. Underutilized among knifemakers today, in my opinion...

Dudley, Matt... miss you guys. Really need to get back to the states for a show. Been too long

Back