Regarding "Special Orders"

Karda

BANNED
We have some problems going on right now with the special ordering process that needs to be addressed in order to facilitate the making of your special orders with a minimum of muss, fuss, confusion and problems.

When you place your special order with Auntie Yangdu, you should have already considered any variations and revisions beforehand. When your order is placed there should be no more revisions to the order.

The problem we are having is: Some of you are making several revisions to your special orders AFTER turning it in. This is causing too much work for Auntie and making it very difficult for the Kamis to get the specs right because of the confusion it causes.

In the Future. Please do not place your order until you have considered all your options and settled on exactly what you want. In the future there will be no more revising orders once they are set.

Please understand that Himalayan Imports only wishes to serve you well and make you what you want, but we need to streamline this to make it productive.

makes total sense to me. It's tough enough with time zones, language barriers, cultural barriers, and the simple "telephone game" of the customer contacting Yangdu, Yangdu contacting Pala, Pala handing it down to the kamis, etc is enough of a logistical nightmare without having to repeat the process.

Special orders are a privilidge really. When Uncle Bill was sick, soon after I joined, the request went out to stop all special orders; just as well or I would have made dozens of them.

I ended up making only 3: a set of 25" Chitlangi's and Malla's, a set of stag and chandan BGRS's, and a 20" YCS. Never occurred to me to try and change the order after it had been sent off 12,000 miles though...

My personal way of doing it is to send a 3-D model through the mail. That way, you get what you made, in a manner of speaking. It's always worked out very well.

Back