• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Regrets?.....

Just wondered how many of you have ever traded/sold/gave away a knife and regretted it, or missed it and replaced it later?

I had a Puma stag handle folder that I gave a `Friend' for his birthday, and was later taken from him at a bar. And a small Rick Hinderer damacus personal knife with ivory handles that I sold to a friend, cause he liked it and I needed the money at the time....he has sinced given it away to a friend of his. The Sebenza's always seem to leave me only to be replaced by another one...gotta really keep a good grip on this one!

Regets? some, but they were all fun to have at one time or another. I can't afford to be a True Collector, so I trade/sell to get the next knife that will surely be THE ONE....

My .000002
G2

------------------
When a fellow says, "it ain't the money but the principle of the thing,"
it's the money.
F. McKinney Hubbard

http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Cabin/7306/blades.html

[This message has been edited by Gary W. Graley (edited 06 April 1999).]

Oh yah, I regret giving away my very first knife.
frown.gif
I was 12 years of age and I was vacationing with the family at Niagra Falls in Canada. The knife was a campers style knife with scrimshaw done on white ivory. I can't remember when or why I gave it away, but I wish I had it back. I don't even remember the make, I just know it would have meant a lot to me now!

Also gave my 2nd knife away that I got while in Maine one year, about the same age I beleive. It was a fixed knife with a deer's foot for the handle. Even though I am not into fixed blade knives at all, still wish I would have kept that one, too!

Oh well, live and learn ....

Mark

------------------

ack! I gave away a handful of original Pacific Cutlery balisongs when my girlfriend decided that me owning knives was too scary for her.

Do you still have the girlfriend?

------------------
When a fellow says, "it ain't the money but the principle of the thing,"
it's the money.
F. McKinney Hubbard

meltingpot.fortunecity.com/haiti/688

Shortly after getting married, we ran into some serious finacial distress....sold 2/3 of my butterfly collection...every one of them discontinued about a year later....kick myself to this day.

Jonathan

Back