Regrets?.....

Just wondered how many of you have ever traded/sold/gave away a knife and regretted it, or missed it and replaced it later?

I had a Puma stag handle folder that I gave a `Friend' for his birthday, and was later taken from him at a bar. And a small Rick Hinderer damacus personal knife with ivory handles that I sold to a friend, cause he liked it and I needed the money at the time....he has sinced given it away to a friend of his. The Sebenza's always seem to leave me only to be replaced by another one...gotta really keep a good grip on this one!

Regets? some, but they were all fun to have at one time or another. I can't afford to be a True Collector, so I trade/sell to get the next knife that will surely be THE ONE....

My .000002
G2

------------------
When a fellow says, "it ain't the money but the principle of the thing,"
it's the money.
F. McKinney Hubbard

http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Cabin/7306/blades.html

[This message has been edited by Gary W. Graley (edited 06 April 1999).]

Oh yah, I regret giving away my very first knife.
frown.gif
I was 12 years of age and I was vacationing with the family at Niagra Falls in Canada. The knife was a campers style knife with scrimshaw done on white ivory. I can't remember when or why I gave it away, but I wish I had it back. I don't even remember the make, I just know it would have meant a lot to me now!

Also gave my 2nd knife away that I got while in Maine one year, about the same age I beleive. It was a fixed knife with a deer's foot for the handle. Even though I am not into fixed blade knives at all, still wish I would have kept that one, too!

Oh well, live and learn ....

Mark

------------------

ack! I gave away a handful of original Pacific Cutlery balisongs when my girlfriend decided that me owning knives was too scary for her.

Do you still have the girlfriend?

------------------
When a fellow says, "it ain't the money but the principle of the thing,"
it's the money.
F. McKinney Hubbard

meltingpot.fortunecity.com/haiti/688

Shortly after getting married, we ran into some serious finacial distress....sold 2/3 of my butterfly collection...every one of them discontinued about a year later....kick myself to this day.

Jonathan

Back