1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reissue of Traditional Forum’s Knife prt2

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by T. Erdelyi, Nov 9, 2018.

1. 2012 Trapper

3.3%
  2. 2013 Half Congress

3.3%
  3. 2014 Stag Jack

50.0%
  4. 2015 Serpentine Shadow Jack

26.7%
  5. 2016 Drover/Punch Jack

3.3%
  6. 2017 TC Barlow

13.3%
  1. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    If you voted in the part 1 of this poll please don’t vote here or if you change your vote please do so on the other poll too.

[​IMG]

It would be knice if that were true wouldn’t it? I’m sure there are many of you folks rockin’ out on the porch who’ve only recently found our little niche in the community.

As such only recently discovered the joy of being part of the official Traditional Forum’s annual knife process.

This means you’ve most likely missed out on a majority of the early/rarer knives we’ve had produced in the last 12 years.

I can’t count how many times I’ve heard or read someone who said they wish that this year’s or that pattern forum knife were reissued.

I personally would love to see a reissue/sprint run of the Queen/Schatt Morgan/BFC Barlow. One of my favorite and most memorable of Forum knives commissioned.

So just for grins and giggles, if you could have any one of the last twelve forum knives reissued as a sprint run, which model/pattern would you like to see made and if you wouldn’t mind, a brief reason for why.

In case you aren’t aware of all the knives we’ve conspired to have made here’s a brief timeline.

Canal Street Cutlery Ring Turner Pen Knife with burnt stag scales.

[​IMG]

Canal Street Cutlery Cannitler in Wooly Mammoth scales.

[​IMG]

Northwoods Medium Stockman in Burnt Stag scales.

[​IMG]

Queen/Schatt Morgan Barlow in Stag scales.

[​IMG]

Queen Swell Center with Ebony scales.

[​IMG]

GEC Teardrop Bottle Jack in Jigged bone scales.

[​IMG]

GEC Warncliffe Trapper with Jigged bone scales.

[​IMG]

GEC Half Congress Jack with White Linen Micarta scales.

[​IMG]

GEC Stag Jack with Stag covers.

[​IMG]

Canal Street Cutlery Serpentine Shadow Jack with Bocote scales

[​IMG]

GEC Drover/Punch Jack with Jigged bone scales.

[​IMG]

GEC TC Barlow with Natural Canvas Micarta scales.

[​IMG]

JTB_5 and Jolipapa like this.
  2. afishhunter

afishhunter

Oct 21, 2014
    2009 Barlow, with or without the Stag.

Why?
    I like two blade Barlows, and I like that blade combination.

3. Invoice

Invoice Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2006
    OK, I'm a little confused. I'm seeing three polls for the reissue of a Forum knife. Or am I just nuts?

Prester John likes this.
  4. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    I'm confused AND nuts. Isnt there a way to consolodate them?

Invoice likes this.
  5. T. Erdelyi

Feb 3, 2001
    It’s a what if poll. The forum knife for 2018 has been decided already. I was just wondering if you had a choice to get one redone which one would it be?

There’s 2 pols by me because it wouldn’t allow me to do 12 choices in a single poll so I split it up.

Prester John likes this.
  6. T. Erdelyi

Feb 3, 2001
    Maybe a mid could but I’m not lookin’ to make any work for the mods. If these threadscause too much confusion I’ll lock them both and come up with a better way to phrase it into one poll.

7. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    But it looks like there are three threads instead of two. No big deal. All of the previous knives are beautiful. Would have bought each one. However, I think I would prefer this year's to any of the previous. For me, it's hard to choose between 2008, 2012, and 2014. 2018 blows them all away!

By the way, thanks for putting them all together for us to see.

8. T. Erdelyi

Feb 3, 2001
    I can’t wao for this year’s knife. I get about a week of pristine knife pics before the patina and scratches start to show up in the shots.

Prester John likes this.
  9. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    The steel in this year's knife may not develop a patina, but I know what you mean!

T. Erdelyi likes this.
  10. skyhorse

skyhorse Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2010
    That 2014 GEC Stag Jack is to cool for school.;)

Prester John likes this.
  11. T. Erdelyi

Feb 3, 2001
    The Stag Jack has some of the most consistent scales. Unlike the Barlow which had a wide variety within scales on the same knife. Many were fat and grooved on one side while bein’ all popcorny on the other.

The Stag Jack is more of a gentleman’s knife with a slim frame that doesn’t print and it disappears in your pocket.

Prester John likes this.
  12. skyhorse

skyhorse Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2010
    I really like the blade profile on that Stag Jack as well. OUTSTANDING !!!:thumbsup::)

13. T. Erdelyi

Feb 3, 2001
    The Stag Jack and TC Barlow are the two thinnest frame knives we’ve had made so far. The single blade knives never seem as popular when the choices are bein’ thrown about but seemed to be popular when it came time to complain about how it was the one ;) that got away. The poll seems to bear this out, it’s in the lead in this thread.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here it is with the original tube art.

[​IMG]

Prester John, skyhorse and JohnDF like this.