1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

REK at it again...Short Butaniku

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by UNRL Ghandi, May 25, 2019.

1. tokerblue

tokerblue

May 1, 2010
    What was the MSRP on the Butaniku? Any chance you know the weight on it?

2. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    I wonder what that would cost for my long Butaniku….

JackTheKnifeGuy likes this.
  3. JohnTheTexican

Jul 1, 2006
    Turns out mine's so big REK wouldn't touch it.
    Anyone know of anyone who'll do this sort of work on a long Butaniku?

hydeinmind likes this.
  4. azwelke

azwelke azwelke.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 12, 2007
    A5A4AD00-B8E3-4924-9052-EF6145551FF5.jpeg A75ED404-614A-47A2-A256-AA03C2AEFD38.jpeg A75ED404-614A-47A2-A256-AA03C2AEFD38.jpeg
    He did a long Butaniku in late 2017... musta kicked his ass. Turned out beautiful, I’ll try to upload pics later. The file is too large to upload lol dam bu

Last edited: May 27, 2019
    hydeinmind and MR HAPPY like this.
  5. JohnTheTexican

Jul 1, 2006
    Apparently it did. He said he done one once, but never again. Too many opportunities to mess up a blade that long, it seems.

hydeinmind likes this.
  6. razor-edge-knives

razor-edge-knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2011
    Great pics man! Glad you got it back and it's what you were looking for! :)

Yeah I slipped once doing that long one and realized that it's too easy to screw up something that long, it's very difficult to hold it steady while moving it across your belt grinder. And on a $2k sword that's not something you want to mess up!

7. David Lennon

David Lennon Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 26, 2017
    Josh did a Sarsquatch for me he stripped a cerakote someone did, bead blasted,sharpened and some personal touches . Top work, it's one of my favourites.