REK Ember fixed blade discussion thread

Sharp & Fiery

Keep ‘em Sharp
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
finished this one up yesterday... scales are from Travis Zumwalt, some buckeye burl w/ resin. Convex blended edge on this piece!
i-7FMQvk4-XL.jpg
i-TDjVcCL-XL.jpg
i-VZPkWKw-XL.jpg
Beautiful Josh! Great eye for lines. :)

Twindog

Gold Member
These larger Embers with those awesome handles are killer. I really liked the lines of the Ember, but it was too small for my preferences. These larger sizes bring them into my world.

I know you're a great grinder, Josh, but those handles really pull it all together. So much nicer than G10 or carbon fiber.

You've moving in a good direction.

REK Knives

These larger Embers with those awesome handles are killer. I really liked the lines of the Ember, but it was too small for my preferences. These larger sizes bring them into my world.

I know you're a great grinder, Josh, but those handles really pull it all together. So much nicer than G10 or carbon fiber.

You've moving in a good direction.

It's as if your designs have come of age; these new handles have transformed this knife into my most desired - stunning work.
Thanks guys, glad to hear the feedback! Yeah I think it's fun to introduce a 'new' model like this with something special. Keeps life interesting anyway!

Just finished this up yesterday! Fat carbon lava flow

i-hq323Lp-XL.jpg

i-jPfzj2n-XL.jpg
i-pSBdjD2-XL.jpg

REK Knives

View attachment 1560369 View attachment 1560370 View attachment 1560371

Man this thing is gorgeous— both the knife and sheath! Props to REK Knives REK Knives and cpirtle cpirtle !

Love those pics and lighting! Can really see that ironwood grain! Glad you like it brother 👊👊

Josh, will the utility version of the 3.5 have the same convex edge?

No, it's a little more difficult to set it up that way so normally I do v edges. It was just a little something special for this batch 😁

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC