1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

REK Folder (Kuros) update thread

Discussion in 'Razor Edge Knives' started by razor-edge-knives, Jul 5, 2019.

1. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Josh, just wondering if you came up with a standard grind on these and would you offer either texture on the handle?:)

Fullflat and Sharp & Fiery like this.
  2. razor-edge-knives

razor-edge-knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2011
    No I haven't, I've GOT to start finishing some of these out but feel like I'm pulled in a thousand different directions. I actually just closed all books except for DLC and basic sharpening - not enough time to keep the mod/regrind work going and also make knives. Something has to give and making is where I wanna be.

Yeah either texture can be chosen (in the colors depicted). Or I can smooth it out probably, not a big deal either way.

Sorry for the wait!

3. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    I keep stalking this thread lol :) These are going to be really nice ! I have to keep an eye out for round two of folders :)

4. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    alright this is a custom (it's actually the first Kuros I've fully completed other than my own lol) so sorry these are taking so long guys. Once orders slow down I'll be able to get these pumped out!! I have everything I need here. It's a blend of DLC (black components) and Cerakote (blade and clip). Laser etching turned out pretty sick too!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

jus_gus, Richard Coyle, NWPM2 and 7 others like this.
  5. ferider

ferider Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 20, 2018
    Wow, amazing detail, Josh ! All cool knives need names. This one I'd call "Hellboy" ("Kuros HB" :) ).

[​IMG]

jstrange, duramax, woodysone and 2 others like this.
  6. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    Ok that is killer kool !!!!!

Fullflat likes this.
  7. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
  8. jstrange

jstrange

Mar 31, 2012
    Very cool and very unique! Some Clemson fan would love that.

razor-edge-knives and Fullflat like this.
  9. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Finally getting some done!

[​IMG]

10. Fullflat

Fullflat

Jan 4, 2018
    Whoa!!! You’re going to have some very happy customers :)

11. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Hope so! :D

ferider, woodysone and Fullflat like this.
  12. bladeflana

bladeflana Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 11, 2012
    I'll take the middle one.

razor-edge-knives likes this.
  13. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Another build

[​IMG] [​IMG]

14. ferider

Jun 20, 2018
    As you know, I think it's spectacular, Josh !!

15. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Alright guys... need some help on logo placement for this one. Was thinking in the grind sorta near the corner/plunge there, or centered or handle side inside the fuller... or, hide completely on the tang? or on the liner inside the scales?

This one is a custom build I felt like building that I'll sell when done... gonna black out w/ DLC.

So second opinion I need is - should I black out all the metal except the screws and anodize them blue (like on a sebenza stud - sorta like this)

[​IMG]

I did some mirror polished pin striping which will pop against the matte dlc... the pin striping will be a black mirror accent!

[​IMG]

jus_gus, ferider, woodysone and 2 others like this.
  16. Fullflat

Fullflat

Jan 4, 2018
    To my recollection, I’ve never seen a logo placed inside the fuller. That’s a pretty cool idea! I dig it. A scaled down logo might also work well on the flipper tab, or even on the small flat just above the fuller. I’d vote against a logo on the grind, just because it may distract a little from your superb grind work, but I’m sure plenty of folks would disagree

17. ferider

Jun 20, 2018
    Another piece of art, Josh !

Regarding the Logo, if I might, would be a pitty to hide it. Since this is a custom, how about your signature instead, in the Fuller ? And - since you asked - if it would be my knife I'd prefer black or silver screws on black. More subtle / less jewelery.

Just my 2 cents. You are the artist ....

Roland.

18. BilboBaggins

BilboBaggins Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2016
    I love the blue screws. Looks awesome on the sebbie and would look great here.

19. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Thanks for chiming in guys, the more input the better!

Fullflat likes this.
  20. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Here's my Kuros in Cruwear @ 63rc. [​IMG]
    Josh did a great job on this, wanted an Insingo blade style with a swedge. I believe he got it right
    [​IMG]