REK'ed Park Ranger - Pic Heavy

UNRL Ghandi

Gold Member
First off, I have to say Josh at Razor Edge Knives is amazing! Excellent communication throughout the whole process, great recommendations for mods I suggested and ones I didn't, and the most important part - the craftsmanship is awesome. Final product first, process pictures to follow. Top is a satin Park Ranger and below is the REK'ed Park Ranger.

20180521_194506 (2).jpg

Another one of the final knife:
knife7 (2).jpg

I loved the Park Ranger from the first sneak peak, but in looking at the pictures I knew I'd want some mods done to it. I ordered a CG black w/ black canvas as my mod blade and a satin as backup in case anything went wrong. :) My initial thoughts were that I'd want a usable choil and the thumb rest moved forward for a better grip (Josh recommended the jimping - great touch). I also wanted the blade profile to have a clip point to give it a more aggressive look. My hands rarely fit the palm swells on Busse handles so I asked to have those removed and the grip swell in the middle thinned. And obviously torx screws. Being a CG version I'd need it stripped and satin finish applied. This blade was going to be mostly a slicer, but since I'm not a blade expert by any means I didn't know exactly what angle to use, so I left it up to Josh and he thinned the blade and sharpened the edge to 15 dps with 20 dps microbevel. Shaving sharp (I have a bald forearm to prove it) but I haven't sliced anything yet.

I sent a list of all my mod requests, we exchanged several emails and texts and I waited impatiently for my turn to hit the workbench. When it did, everything was turned around in a matter of days and it was in hand two days from completion. I knew exactly what was going on each step of the process with texts and pics coming in daily.

Work in progress:

knife1 (2).jpg
123951 (2).jpg
knife2 (2).jpg
knife4 (2).jpg

More pics of the final below. If you want some modifications to your Busse, Josh will meet your expectations without a doubt. http://www.razoredgeknives.com
20180521_195159 (2).jpg

20180521_194834 (2).jpg
20180521_194729 (2).jpg
20180521_194808 (2).jpg

That mod is awesome!
Josh always does great work

Are you gonna send the other one in?

That is freaking awesome! Love the choil on my PR, but I really like the look of the jimping and those scales are perfect.

That mod is awesome!
Josh always does great work

Are you gonna send the other one in?

I thought about it sending the other one for a matching set, but I might sell it to pay for some of my outstanding debt owed to Busse. I may have over committed myself on the FMV8, FMV14, Forsaken TGs, and the Forsaken Mistress. :)

Dude, this is so cool, wow. If the PR came like that, I would have bought several.

Is it rude to ask what a mod as a whole like this costs? If that's to bold to ask, ignore this part :p

Last edited:
Like a mini tank buster. You have great taste mister!

I have a REK'ed CGFBM that is scary sharp.

Thanks everyone! This was a fun project to work with Josh on for the first time. I have a strong feeling he's going to get some more of my business in the future. I have a Short Butaniku I want to take satin and I have a couple handle mods in mind for the FMV14 & FMV8 pending actually having them in hand.

Back