Remember playing them Vintage Board Games ~ Parker Brothers Milton Bradley and Such

I used to play The Game of 20 Squares, the oldest board game which has come down to us.

board.jpg

Pretty Cool Mojado Piso ~

Last edited:
I used to play The Game of 20 Squares, the oldest board game which has come down to us.

board.jpg

In 1928, Sir Leonard Woolley excavated five playing boards in a royal tomb in the Sumerian city called Ur. They were made between 2,600-2,400 BC (or BCE if you prefer) and were found with playing pieces and 4-sided dice but no rules. Boards were later found in Iran, Syria, Egypt, Lebanon, Sri Lanka, Cyprus, Crete, King Tutankhamen’s tomb, and the palace of Assyrian king Sargon II. It was played by all social classes.

In the 1980s, Dr. Irving Finkel found the game rules on a crumbling clay tablet in the British Museum and translated them.

rules.jpg

The tablet was written in 177-176 BC by a scribe named Itti-Marduk-balatu. Itti was an archaeologist who discovered and recorded the rules of this forgotten game, abandoned long ago for its derivative backgammon.

This is Assyriologist Dr. Irving Finkel in his curator's office in the British Museum. He still lives among us, but he dwells in a mental world long before the invention of the safety razor. He lent one of his ancient chess sets for use as a prop in the first Harry Potter movie.

finkel.jpg

You can play The Game of 20 Squares online here:

https://royalur.net/

It was a gambling game with beer as the usual wager, but it could also be used in fortune telling and that I think is unique among board games.

Last edited:
Love board games.
Ticket to Ride & Rummykub are big in our house.
And Upwords. It’s like Scrabble but you can stack letters vertically.

Cards too. Pinochle & Michigan Rummy.

I have a strange one it's called Rhumb Line it's some kind of compass game .
IMG-20230402-181125754.jpg

Mouse Trap ~ Super Fun Game ~ Who doesn't or couldn't of liked this one ~ Mouse Trap (originally Mouse Trap Game) is a board game first published by Ideal in 1963 for two to four players. It is one of the first mass-produced three-dimensional board games.[1] Players at first cooperate to build a working mouse trap in the style of a Rube Goldberg machine. Then, players turn against each other to trap opponents' mouse-shaped game pieces.
d93c1d5451b27bc791e4acf6187bf98e0efe2b0b.jpg

Last edited:
Back