1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Remembering Walosi

Discussion in 'H.I. Cantina' started by ACStudios, Dec 17, 2010.

1. ACStudios

ACStudios

Apr 9, 2001
    Seems it has been another year since Dad passed on (today 2004). I've been missing him more this year than ever as I have started getting back into shooting. That was our common activity that we shared. He taught me how to shoot an a very early age. Our trips out plinking are my fondest memories of my kidhood. Lately I really miss our talks about everything from holsters to ammo.

I've come a long way in the six years he's been gone... a far cry from the semi-gypsy lifestyle I had been living back then. Hell, I've even stayed at one job for 4 years... the longest run since I got out of the AF. I know he'd be happy about that.

This is the proper place to remember him. The Cantina provided a vehicle for us to reconnect. Our family hasn't been the closest being spread out across the country. But the Cantina provided us a way to keep in touch daily over those last few years. He was a regular here and it help make him feel useful to help out with advice. Him and his damned WebTV... he wouldn't let me build him a real computer... stubborn old cus :).

Anyway, I just wanted to raise him up once again. With all his faults, he was a good dad. I miss him. I'd post a pic, but I can't find the one of us that I had scanned in.

Later...

2. JUST1MOR

JUST1MOR

Oct 19, 2010
    ACStudios, my father passed away in 1993, & there is not a day that goes by that I don't think about him & miss him terribly. I too was raised at an early age (9 years old) with guns, hunting, fishing, etc. growing up on a farm, it was almost a second nature to learn these traits. The two worst holidays for me are Thanksgiving & Father's Day, really a struggle to get thru them even though it has been almost 18 years. Keep yourself busy, keep others close & just think of the memories you have. Merry Christmas to you as well.
    Be safe.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  3. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    Smoke Up in Remembrance of Walosi.
    It a hard time of year, AC, I know how you feel.
    I also miss my parents, but it seems to get worse as the holidays near.

4. killa_concept

killa_concept

May 19, 2009
    Sadly, I was not a part of the HI community in the time that he was with us, but I have on many occasions referred to his great, informative posts - always dabbed with his unique sense of humor. He was indeed a good man with great character and will always be remembered here on HI.

5. Howard Wallace

Howard Wallace . Moderator

Feb 23, 1999
    He still lives here, in the advice he gave and the ways he touched the forumites. Even after his name is forgotten the consequences of his actions will stretch into the future, to touch or influence people yet unborn in ways they (or we) will find difficult to understand.

6. SilverFoxKnows

SilverFoxKnows

Sep 25, 2002
    Never had the pleasure of meeting him in real life but I remember that little frog and lots of threads on woodchuckery. I learned a lot.

Frank

7. b.c.molin

b.c.molin

Nov 28, 2008
    Indeed, I agree fully. :thumbup:

Happy memories AC, now and in the future.

8. pmwc78

pmwc78 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2010
    I was around in 00-01 before dropping out of collecting for awhile. I miss the ol' woodchuck. I never looked at wood in any discerning way before reading his posts, I've never looked at it the same way since.

9. tedwca

tedwca

Dec 10, 2005
    Smoke from California.

10. Berkley

Berkley

May 5, 1999
    I can't read the term "woodchuckery" without smiling and thinking of him. He continues to touch many lives.
    Smoke from Texas.
    Berk

11. Roger Smith

Roger Smith

Oct 22, 2001
    Smoke up for my Woodchuck mentor. I read everything he posted and always came away enlightened. I still have his PMs on woodchuckery. You are well missed Walosi.

12. cliff355

cliff355

Apr 19, 2003
    Walosi crosses my mind every time I open a bottle of Tru Oil. This past year I have been getting the stuff in 16 oz. bottles.

13. ferguson

ferguson

Feb 21, 2001
    Your dad was very good to me. Taught me a lot. I still have a chitlangi that I bought from him, and would never part with it. We both worked in cotton mills early in our careers, and affectionately refered to each other as lintheads.:)

Steve

14. Kismet

Kismet Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 30, 2002
    Memories make me smile.

Happy Trails, until we meet again.

:)

15. Bill Sanders

Bill Sanders

Aug 18, 2003
    Your Pa was a good man.
    Smoke up.

16. Yvsa

Yvsa

May 18, 1999
    Walosi was indeed my brother from a different mother and will always be missed from the void his passing left in my heart!!! :( :( :( :(

17. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    Smoke and prayers for Walosi

18. ACStudios

ACStudios

Apr 9, 2001
    Thanks all. I'll pass on your wishes when I go visit where I spread him and mom (and Buddy too) out tomorrow. Mouse hasn't met them yet :)

19. Aardvark

Aardvark Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 26, 2002
    He was a great guy, Alan.