• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Remington Knife Question--Which type??

• Thread starter Thread starter -
  • Start date Start date

Hi,
I bought a used Remington knife today at a pawn shop and would appreciate it if anyone knows the name & type. I'll try to describe it the best I can:

It's a fixed blade, a dagger with a 3" stailess blade. It looks like it's a few years old. The handle is wooden with a greenish-turquiose base with red ovals and black filler with 2 stainless steel screws in the handle. It came with a well made leather form-fitted sheath with a belt clip. The blade just says "Remington" and "Made in the USA"

Just your basic utility dagger, I suppose, but any info would be greatly appreciated such as name, worth, year made, etc.

Thank You

------------------
Coho61 (Greg M)
Kodiak Alaska

Sounds like a Remmington Boot knife with pakka wood handle. Is the sheath basket weave? Western had identical knives also they came in two sizes. Smokey Mt sells these or similar knives which leads me to believe that they are all made by the same company and then stamped. Possiblity is United imported them at one time.Hope this helps.
Bob

Hey thanks for the reply Strider. I appreciate your time. Yes the sheath is a basket weave and your explaination makes sense. Now I know the name of the handle which does help help me.
Thanks again

------------------
Coho61 (Greg M)
Kodiak Alaska

Back