removing blade coatings

this coating benchmade used on these is crazy.it looks like its all off,but when you start sanding all the water turns dark black and there are little tiny specs all over the steel.i cant tell if its the coating or not.it almost looks like rust or something. shits nuts man

well here is a quick pic next to the shiny diamond plate of my mesa rectifier just to give some contrast. i sanded the shit out of it and this is as shiny as i can get it. i havent moved my arm back and forath that many times since i hit puberty:eek: its hard to tell in the pic but the steel has thousands of tiny black dots all over it. it almost seems like tiny pitting buts its so small its hard to tell. im open to anyones suggestions but the best thing i can come up with is to just leave this as is and get my hands on the real one
url=http://pixpipeline.com/d/f60d2bd2aed2.jpg]
f60d2bd2aed2.jpg
[/url]

To be honest,,,,,,, even if it ain't a mirror ,,,an a few minor imperfections in the steel,,,,, Still looks way better like you have it,,,, than it did all coated. My only suggestion would be polishing compound and a dremel tool...... or a buffin wheel on a grinder,,,,,,,, just don't heat it up too much .

Back