Removing key ring mod

Quick question. I dont use the key ring on my SAK Camper, so what I'm wondering is, how hard is it to remove? Not talking about the split ring, I'm talking about the actual hole it threads thru on the knife. Does it easily remove or does it have to be ground off?
Also I have a Champion that is a bear to open any of the tools. Any tips to slick it up? Is it better to just send it off for repair?
Lastly where can I find StayGlow handle scales???? I've found every other color

Last edited:
It's easy to remove the little tab. Just clip it off with some wire cutters then file it down carefully with a needle file. Then just a little fine sandpaper to smooth it off and you're done.

+B doesn't support modding, and neither do I after a bad experience. I don't think this really qualifies as a mod though.

For the hard-to-open Champion, the firts thing to try is a warm/hot water wash with dish soap. Immerse the SAK into the soapy water and worth the tools, wash off in clean water, dry, oil (mineral oil, gun il, etc.), and work the tools a bit more.

For 91mm stayglow scales check with Swissbianco through e-mail or look at his eBay auctions, he was recently listing them for sale.

Yeah, im not into major mods either. just cargo pocket carry so i want it round and smooth. Thanks for the tips and the tip to try and smooth it out, plus the heads up on the scales. good job guys

Back