1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Replacement blade for original Super Tool

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by floppy, Oct 5, 2018.

1. floppy

floppy

Oct 5, 2018
    I’ve inherited an original Super Tool which has done a lot of work and I’d like to refurbish it a bit.

The straight knife has snapped off. I sent it off to leatherman but they said they don’t have the blades anymore to suit it because it’s so old. I declined to have it swapped for a Super Tool 300 because it has sentimental value.

Where can I get a blade to suit it?
    Option B is to find a cheap second hand super tool and take it off that.

I’m in Australia.

2. Mahoney

Mahoney

Mar 8, 2006
    Option B is going to be the simplest. With a bit of heat to loosen the thread locker, it's not hard to unscrew the pivots. I used to carry the original Super Tool for many years and made up a few custom implements for it. Drill the right size hole in the steel blank, line up an existing blade against the new blank with a pin through the holes, trace the tang shape onto the blank and carefully grind to the line. But nothing I made was hardened like a knife blade. Someone who fixes pocket knives, or a knife maker who makes folding knives would have the right tools and equipment to do the job of making up a new blade