1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement blade for svord peasant

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by Shotgun, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Shotgun

Shotgun

Feb 3, 2006
    I had a crazy idea the other night. I really love the svord peasant except the steel is...well it’s 15n20 so it’s okay but it’s no O1. Any chance it’s possible to make a replacement blade to “upgrade” the peasant? I was thinking of altering the blade shape too. Maybe make it a nessy style for a kick arse picnic knife for when my wife and are out traveling. Just kicking the idea around right now. Just wondering what everyone’s take on it would be.

The main reason for this rather than a full custom friction folder is I think they hit the nail on the head with the handle. The shape and the material(plastic not wood) is perfect IMO.

2. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    It’s a cool idea, but not one I’d try. Fitting on any folder has to be perfect for it to work correctly.

3. Shotgun

Shotgun

Feb 3, 2006
    No worries. Thanks.

4. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    There are people who actually replace some some of the Opinel blades with Mora blades, not sure if anyone could do your idea but worth looking at. I would like to get one of Jo's friction knives.

5. mykel m

mykel m Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2009
    never mind then

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    YoungCurmudgeon likes this.
  6. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Looks good. I agree, anyone with patience could do it, if they had the original knife to work with. Blade thickness is also crucial for the right fit.

7. mykel m

mykel m Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2009
    never mind then

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  8. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    1/16” O1 warps too easy for me to guarantee it.