Replacement Heavy Bowie: The Unboxening

BRL

So I decided that triage of knife projects was the name of the game for me for 2012 due to all my other commitments. With this in mind, I gave up on reprofiling the Heavy Bowie I broke, and just sent it back to Tooj. He was kind enough to send a replacement out right away. Sadly, these unboxing photos suck but then again, so does my knife technique :D

1. The unopened box; anticipation, antici pay ay shun!
2012-01-07_12-57-17_593.jpg

2. Freshly wrapped
2012-01-07_12-57-34_957.jpg

3. OOH YEAH
2012-01-07_12-58-25_546.jpg

4. Kablammo
2012-01-07_12-58-49_571.jpg

5. <something> <something> perforated tip <something> <something>
2012-01-07_12-59-06_64.jpg

6. Joining it's bretheren in my new knife toolbox (which has since been organized).
2012-01-07_12-59-48_845.jpg

Nice to see you got the HB back man. Nothing beats Kabar customer service :).

Also, I appreciate you posting something while I'm constantly hitting F5 to refresh the page waiting to hear what the new secret knife is :p.

Good Luck BRL may this one last a little longer, always better to use a knive and break than not to use, that knife is a user and will take a beating but any and all knive's have their breaking point which you have proven. Thanks for your post and comments and Ka-Bar does have a super CS as I am hearing never needed but nice to hear and see them take care of the CUSTOMER.

Thanks guys, it's really so damn cool. Can't wait to bust down some innocent pine branches.

Toooj's handle is awesome, must get all the blades with that handle. That HB looks cool for sure.

20 toys.

Top section: CS trailhawk, Cutlass Machete, and all sheaths
Top tray: Wohlwend necker, Wohlwend nessmuk, Fletcher pocket kilo, Snody Model #1, Bill Akers sweeping beauty, Rat-3, Bear n Sons medium stockman, Case 6318 medium stockman, and some old souvenier slipjoint with celluloid scales.
Middle tray: Ontario pilot survival knife, BK-10, BK-2, BK-11, BK13
Bottom tray: Heavy Bowie, two Warthogs, and a KA-BAR 1148 (TL-29 electrician's knife)

SAK and BK-7 stay in my truck. LE Phat Bob, Leatherman Squirt PS4, and Great Eastern Conductor stay in my desk drawer to more easily facilitate putting them in my pocket :)

The toolbox turned out to be a great improvement over my previous toss-everything-in-a-cardboard-box storage solution. Now everything is laid out with no sheath on old t-shirts with bubble wrap underneath and kept oiled, and can be ogled or immediately grabbed for use. The list above pretty much taps out all storage space, though. Here's to hoping 2012 finds me needing to buy a second one!

Last edited:
quite a collection you got there,
one day I hope to have triple that maney knives (2/3s of them being Kabars, mostly beckers)

-orangish ducktape

BRL how did you manage to break it? It happened to me as well.
I have to say Kabar has a great service and even better knifes!!!! thats why my to-have list contains a few more:)

pietje there's a couple threads around this subforum on my break. I'll see if I can find em.

Nice box-o-knives there BRL. Also, do you happen to be a fan of Archer?

Nope not sure what that is. Wait, is that the cartoon of the bumbling superspy guy? Anyway, I need to post some pics of my toybox now that it's filled up!

Nope not sure what that is. Wait, is that the cartoon of the bumbling superspy guy? Anyway, I need to post some pics of my toybox now that it's filled up!

Yep. "The Unboxening" sounds like something he'd say. See "Terms of Enrampagement," probably the best episode of the entire series.

(Edit: Actually the episode title is "Placebo Effect." "Terms of Enrampagement" is the title of the home movie in the episode.)

I'm a big movie guy, and that whole thing is kind of a meme stemming maybe from the Highlander movie that had "The Quickening" as a subtitle.

Back