Replacement Parts?

I'm confused.
I saw a message that asked for "a black pocket clip to replace the bold shiny one on my Code 4"
I responded that we don't offer a black clip for that model. Because we don't. That knife was only ever designed for the shiny clip provided.

I will go take a look for you and see if any of our other clips fit that knife...

Y'know, I find it kind of irritating that you've offered me little more customer service than the silence I got when I contacted you guys through your website.

As per our previous conversation, I went through our current line up and checked for you.
The closest thing is the AK-47 clip. If you send me a PM with your info, I'll send a request to customer services and get them to send one out to you
I misunderstood your initial request. Apologies

I just saw this thread, amazing! Years ago I wrote to Cold Steel regarding thumb studs but never heard back and then settled with what I head. But even thumb studs would be SO much better! Now I submitted a request for Voyager series thumb studs to put on my other Cold Steel knives (Recon 1, Mini Recon 1, Hold Out III, American Lawman) via the link I saw above. Confirmation e-mail received, let's see how the story continues. I will keep you posted if it worked...

Edit: Oh, I just realised this is actually my first post albeit several years of BF membership. Hello everyone, please forgive my newcomer mistakes. Any and all help is greatly appreciated! :)

Little satisfying as it may be, here my update: I haven't heard anything back from Cold Steel at all, yet again. Looks like their online customer support is still as bad as a few years ago, unless the CS person frequenting this forum speeds things up. Surprising in the 21st century, but go figure...

EDIT: thanks hkyew!

Little satisfying as it may be, here my update: I haven't heard anything back from Cold Steel at all, yet again. Looks like their online customer support is still as bad as a few years ago, unless the CS person frequenting this forum speeds things up. Surprising in the 21st century, but go figure...

The best way is always to call them. It's always been quick in my experience. I've sent in defective item multiple times(simply because i buy too many Cold Steel) and each time i got replacement back within 2 weeks. This is likely because i live in CA, but the turnaround time is still amazing. Provided you call......

Just PM the forum mod. This person got me squared away with a hand written envelope containing the thumb plate I was after.:thumbup: If you call they will likely promise you the parts will be shipped free of charge, and then you will never see or hear from them again. It appears only the squeakiest of wheels get greased when it comes to spare parts from CS for whatever reason.

Just PM the forum mod. This person got me squared away with a hand written envelope containing the thumb plate I was after.:thumbup: If you call they will likely promise you the parts will be shipped free of charge, and then you will never see or hear from them again. It appears only the squeakiest of wheels get greased when it comes to spare parts from CS for whatever reason.

I guess I will do that and report back if it worked. The online form for sure did not...

A couple weeks ago I asked CS via their website about a black pocket clip to replace the bold shiny one on my Code 4. Nothing but silence from them so far. Great knife, not so great customer service.
You could heat it on the stove or using a torch till it turns dark

Sent from the BatComputer

I was looking for this subject on where to order thumb studs for my new code four and found this discussion. I did a request online, so if I do not get a response I hope the moderator is still willing to help?

Decided to give them a call instead of wait on a return email that might never come. The person on the phone who works for Cold Steel said they do not take parts orders on the phone only by email. This looking like my first and last Cold Steel Knife.

Since calling several times to Cold Steel hoping someone else who answers might help but still no luck. And it seems since this was a older thread the moderator did not want to help I found a online source that sells after market thumb studs which are a huge improvement over the stock ones so it turned out to be a win for me in the end.

p2178848178-4.jpg

p2178848193-4.jpg

Figured since I have the them off and I am going to be working around water a lot with this blade I would give it a nice mirror finish to help prevent rust and used cape cod cloth on it.

p2178848184-4.jpg

Much easier to flick out with these big thumb studs.
p2178848187-4.jpg

p2178848197-4.jpg

Since calling several times to Cold Steel hoping someone else who answers might help but still no luck. And it seems since this was a older thread the moderator did not want to help I found a online source that sells after market thumb studs which are a huge improvement over the stock ones so it turned out to be a win for me in the end.

Hey TRUE LIBERTY who did you get those after market Thumb Studs from? Wonder if they have them for other Cold Steels.

Im with you, on the replacement Parts. Ive tried more than a dozen times to get clips from Cold Steel. One time they came through. And it was after haggling...phone call after phone call...after Uploading pictures of my broken clip...they FINALLY shot me over a Clip. But that was a month and a half after I started the Great Quest of getting a clip.

Still love their Pieces though. There are very little manufacturers that come close to cold steel when it comes to knives. But when it comes to Customer Service...sadly lots of other companies do better. Its not a Criticism only shared by me unfortunately.

Still looking forward to the 2017 knives though. Good job on Design on a few of those models....

Hey TRUE LIBERTY who did you get those after market Thumb Studs from? Wonder if they have them for other Cold Steels.

Im with you, on the replacement Parts. Ive tried more than a dozen times to get clips from Cold Steel. One time they came through. And it was after haggling...phone call after phone call...after Uploading pictures of my broken clip...they FINALLY shot me over a Clip. But that was a month and a half after I started the Great Quest of getting a clip.

Still love their Pieces though. There are very little manufacturers that come close to cold steel when it comes to knives. But when it comes to Customer Service...sadly lots of other companies do better. Its not a Criticism only shared by me unfortunately.

Still looking forward to the 2017 knives though. Good job on Design on a few of those models....

Here you go, it's universal and fit perfectly with no play.http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/product_info.php?cPath=60_94_96&products_id=503

I am giving a thousand apologies to Cold Steel! The thumb studs showed up in the mail. So even though I do not need them now I will save them for a future Cold Steel knife I might buy.

OK, if people can send me a private message with their contact info, shipping addresses and the replacement parts they requested I will do my best to get this to the right people and addressed ASAP.
Please send me that info.

Could you answer to my PM ?

Back