Replacement scales....

stevekolt

Gold Member
I have a new 581 on the way. This will be my second one, and I would love to replace the scales and aluminum bolsters with a set of flat G-10 scales. Anybody know of someone I could contact?

Thanks!

I too would appreciate any suggestions. I'm looking for G-10 scales to go on a Lone wolf Swale.:thumbup:

While we are on the subject of Benchmade scales; I recently traded into a Mini Onslaught with the sculptured carbon fiber scales & I'm very impressed with everything about them.

Moving forward, because of my satisfaction with the mini onslaught & the axis system, I've considered the purchase of a Contego several times in the last few weeks but have held back because of the reported sharpness of the scales. While I realize I could smooth & refinish the G10 I'd really relish the option of being able to purchase carbon fiber scales as a OEM option or after market.

In my situation I believe I'll contact So-Lo & if he's willing to take on the job I'll go forward with the Contego purchase. He did a scale for me on a Ti Military when he was just starting producing custom scales & he does excellent work. He is a skilled craftsman & recommend him highly. Regards...

Back