Replacement Watch Band

I'm looking for a replacement watch band for my Seiko Orange Monster. I am looking at two band: Maratac Zulu, or the Maratac silicone band. Both are sold by County Comm, but they will not sell to anyone outside the USA. So my questions are:

1. Which do you prefer: Zulu or silicone?

2. Are they available from a dealer that sells to Canadians?

Or feel free to recommend any other comfortable, durable watch strap, preferable one available in orange. Thanks!

Here's my Citizen Ti Eco-Zilla with an orange rubber strap. Is that what you're looking for?

303569695.jpg

Been wearing my Luminox on a Zulu band for the last few of years. I could never get more than a couple of years out of a lumonox rubber band. I cannot imagine the Zulu ever wearing out. I am sure the watch will die first. I have a black 4 ring band.

I've got a black Zulu on my work watch, a Seiko Submariner. I've broken a few of the Seiko rubber bands, so am not impressed with them at all. The Black Monster that I wear everywhere else has the stainless band that I prefer.
I was going to offer to send you my spare Zulu band in ACU grey(I think that would go well with the orange face, personally), but after holding it up to my Black Monster, it is too wide. Guess it's 22mm, and the BM needs 20mm? Orange might not look too hot if the band and face aren't a good match.

You might also try these guys. http://www.broadarrow.net/maratac.htm

I've gotten some stuff from them and they are good to deal with. They quit doing international sales, but they might still be shipping to Canada.

I also have an OD green 20mm Zulu strap laying around. If you can't find one elsewhere, just let me know and I'll hook you up. :thumbup:

ETA: In retrospect, orange and OD green don't go together too well... :D

Whats better the Zulu strap or NATO? Or is it a preference thing?

Thanks for the help guys. I found a suite that sells Maratac Zulu straps, and that will sell to Canadians. it is www.chronoworld.com I just ordered an orange four ring with brushed stainless hardware. I'll post some pics when it gets here.

Whats better the Zulu strap or NATO? Or is it a preference thing?

I'm curious to know how the NATO straps fit, myself. All I've got are the regular Zulu straps and they're pretty dang secure.

Back