request suggestion modify endura

hey all,
first i want to wish a happy new year to you and your family,and all other people anyway.specially to all those working for this site.

the below photo is mine poor endura,about 1.8mm of the tip is missing.I want to do some modify,any suggestion are welcome.
c10pbk.jpg

Best regards,
ziv

You can send it back to Spyderco with some money and they can fix it for you. I'm not sure on the exact price, just talk with someone from Spyderco and show them the picture.

You've got two clear options as far as I can see.

You could grind (or cut) the spine of the blade down to the tip to recreate the original (albeit somewhat shorter now) tip. Or, grind a new, less pointy tip up to the spine.

I think you'd loose about the same amount of steel either way. Grinding (or cutting) down the spine would probably be the best option as you'd keep the cutting edge pretty much as is.

i did the same thing to my old endura... i sent it in and spyderco did a great job on it. i put a new ss version next to the one that was "fixed" the only thing that is noticable is the first serration is longer at the start. $5 for shipping and you are all set.
100_0824.jpg

100_0826.jpg

OMG!!! Those pics are waaaaaaay too big! :eek:

I have fixed knives like that. If you have a 203 or 204 sharpening system, it can be done. The groove in the stones works very well for reprofiling a tip.

Blades

thanks Psychopomp and all,
finally I fixed it with Psychopomp's suggestion.
I got a small whetstone sharpener from my father,take about 1 hours working,I grinded a new,less pointy tip up to the spine.the top looks like c91 Pacific Salt.

P.S.
VG10 is a bit hard to sharp:)

c10-top.jpg

cheers!
ziv

Back