1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Request to Buck to make a real "Buck 110 Tactical-Pro"

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by AfghanWarrior, Jan 29, 2013.

1. AfghanWarrior

AfghanWarrior

Feb 3, 2012
    Buck 110 Tactical-Pro
    Buck 110 Tactical-Cadet

Steel options:
    S30V, Black DLC (Pro)
    420HC, Black DLC (Cadet)

Handle options:
    Desert Tan G-10 Handle (just like Vantage Pro)
    Army OD Green G-10 Handle (just like Vantage Pro)
    Black G-10 Handle (just like Vantage Pro)

Bolsters options:
    Black DLC (diamond-like coating) coated Bolsters.
    Dark Flat Earth DLC (diamond-like coating) coated Bolsters
    Dark OD Green DLC (diamond-like coating) coated Bolsters

Tactical features:
    Dual Thumstuds (faster one-handed opening)
    Flat Earth Tone Colors!
    Easy non-slip Grip!
    Belt Clip!

2. Plumberdv

Plumberdv

Sep 26, 2008
    I think that they'd have to re-engineer (weaken) the spring in order to make them comfortable one hand openers. The current 110 spring holds the blade closed with such force, that I find it difficult if not nearly impossible to thumb open with a stud. I have a custom 110 from Buck with a blade from a Bucklite Max (dual thumb studs) and the studs are worthless. No way I can open the knife using them.

I'd spring for one or more of what you propose, if they'd make them a tad bit easier to thumb open. :thumbup:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  3. 110 Dave

110 Dave Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2004
    I have tried the stud once and found that tho difficult I could thumb it open ...
    if there were a notch in the sides it was not too bad to open ( this based on the 110 liner lock)
    tho much closer to the clip
    many times a stud over the max hollow of the frame was easer to thumb

I see lots of studs on knives on the evil bay but again to each his own ...

4. Plumberdv

Plumberdv

Sep 26, 2008
    Dave, the LL is a totally different animal. If you handle and try one out, you'll see that there is hardly any spring tension. I believe that was by design in order to make them easy to open with the thumb stud. I have a 110 with a "notch" or "recess" next to the stud and it's only marginally, if at all, easier to open using the stud. The spring is just too strong.

5. JD Mandrell

JD Mandrell

Apr 20, 2001
    Ive got a one-armed bandit stud on a Titanium 560, it works, but it's not a "flick" open by any means!

6. AfghanWarrior

AfghanWarrior

Feb 3, 2012
    I quess the Buck 110 is a classic design, but not a modern tactical:D

7. SamuraiDave

SamuraiDave

Apr 6, 2001
    Don't know... You could add a large wave that could be either used as a wave or a hole/thumbstud which you can open with one hand.
    I have a waved endura, I find myself using the wave to open it as much as the spyderhole.

I know there would be an agreement with Emerson to use the wave, but I think a waved 110 would be incredible.

8. i2ookthablu1

i2ookthablu1

Sep 8, 2012
  9. AfghanWarrior

AfghanWarrior

Feb 3, 2012
  10. JD Mandrell

JD Mandrell

Apr 20, 2001
    Yeah, that's pretty slick!

11. whetrock

whetrock

Nov 13, 2010
    I too have grown fond of the Kwik thumb (previously sold under various names, like the "one-armed Bandit). It adds greatly to the usefulness of the 110's,112s, and 422s as well as the 426s or any serviceable folder for that matter that lacks a thumb stud.

12. RAZORBLADES

RAZORBLADES

Aug 14, 2006
    I have some one armed bandits and put them on my alaskan guide 110S ,works really good as a one hand opener,but more importantly,it serves as a nice place to set my thumb while skinning deer.LOL

13. K Williams

K Williams Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 17, 1998
    Hmmm... A waved 110 with finger grooves and a pocket clip. S30V steel, stainless steel bolsters, and black G10 or black canvas micarta grip inserts. I'd buy one in a heart beat.

14. Plumberdv

Plumberdv

Sep 26, 2008
    What the heck is a "wave"?

15. K Williams

Nov 17, 1998
  16. Plumberdv

Plumberdv

Sep 26, 2008
    Thanks. Not for me though.

17. AfghanWarrior

AfghanWarrior

Feb 3, 2012
  18. RAZORBLADES

RAZORBLADES

Aug 14, 2006
    I would like to see you knife in production,but if we are going all out in the dreams department,lets have them use titanium for the bolsters and back spacer,coated in the dlc coating,that would make a sweet,heavy duty type of "tactical 110"

19. AfghanWarrior

AfghanWarrior

Feb 3, 2012
    OK, I would buy your version also!

20. K Williams

Nov 17, 1998
    Titanium would make it too light. I like the solid weight of a regular 110.