1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Rerun of the foliage green CTS-204 p Military. Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by amateur blacksmith, Jan 24, 2019.

1. amateur blacksmith

amateur blacksmith

May 19, 2018
    Anyone keen for a rerun of this one. I have one and love it.
    I really want a backup.
    I know the first run (a knifeworks exclusive) took a couple of years to sell. Is a small batch run possible like the PM 2 version we just saw. It sold out in 2 days.
    Will we likely see it? yes or no?

Any chance a moderator could edit the title for me and spell no properly? :)

sliceofaloha and Va.koi guy like this.
  2. NoFair

NoFair

Jun 30, 2006
    Foliage green was CPM-D2, the CTS-204P was just green ;) I have both :D

sliceofaloha likes this.
  3. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    I say DLT do a Military run in red g10 and M390 or 20CV...:thumbsup:

4. amateur blacksmith

amateur blacksmith

May 19, 2018
    I stand corrected :)

5. amateur blacksmith

amateur blacksmith

May 19, 2018

I'll be on that like a rash too!

6. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Satin or DLC matters not either!

MarriedTheMedic likes this.
  7. beattheheat

beattheheat

Jan 13, 2018
    No Military CTS-204P,it took KW years to sell 'm,lets move forward and perhaps a Military in Super Blue.

Va.koi guy likes this.
  8. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    I am with this guy. M390 is basically the same as 204p. Yes - red g10 might be more attractive to some people than green but that alone does not justify another run of Military, unless DLT prices it at $170.:D

Back to the topic of the OP, yes - another run of the 204p green g10 PM2 will likely sell well, based on how quickly the recent run sold out. I had a chance to buy one but eventually did not because I spent too much during the holidays already plus I have a DLT tan 20cv PM2.

9. Brock O Lee

Brock O Lee

Jun 29, 2011
    I have one.
    It’s excellent.
    I dont need another one.

10. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    You can edit the title. There is an option at the top right that says thread tools. Press it then select rename title or something like that.

Why do you have to have a military in 204p in foliage green? Why not Rex45 which has shown to perform extremely well due to it being 64+hrc though not stainless steel. Or 52100 which also not stainless but performance is better.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  11. Blues

Blues Lapsed SuperMod / Cattle Knife Rustler Staff Member Super Mod

Oct 2, 1998
    Done.

amateur blacksmith likes this.
  12. amateur blacksmith

amateur blacksmith

May 19, 2018
    I've Got the Rex 45 Millie, the 52100 I missed. I live in a place where my knife can be wet for long stretches so I prefer a stainless and I love the green in that knife too. I have one for the collection but I'd buy another as a user if there was a second round. I agree with what you say with the other steels, they're good stuff. It doesn't sound like there's alot of enthusiasm here, so I'm guessing there won't be a second run.

At least I was smart enough to buy the fluted titanium Millie as a pair. That is my favourite child. :)

Thanks for the info on the edit function, I'll have a look for future bugger ups.

Mo2 likes this.
  13. amateur blacksmith

amateur blacksmith

May 19, 2018

Blues likes this.
  14. Fmont

Fmont Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2017
    M390, 204p, and 20CV are analogs, aren't they?

15. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    They are. There are slight differences in how they are manufactured. and heat treatment is different from manufacturer to manufacturer.