1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Res c sword?

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Ironkid883, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Res c rucki

11 vote(s)
    44.0%
  2. Res c waki

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  3. Res c scrapizashi

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  4. Res c cutlass

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  5. Res gladius

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. Ironkid883

Ironkid883 Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 29, 2018
    I put up some obvious candidates .if youve got an idea .put it in comments .cmon folks step right up we need a res c sword just cos.....

Stump Buster and zombieassassin like this.
  2. zombieassassin

zombieassassin Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Res-C Butaniku....yea.

3. JACKMANDU

JACKMANDU Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 10, 2019
    Res C INFI Rucki!!!

Ironkid883 likes this.
  4. UNRL Ghandi

UNRL Ghandi Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Satin finish Short Butaniku w/ Res C for the win. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'd :poop: my pants for a week if I saw that one offered. Then of course my other favorites, V14 and V8 (although not a sword), would be pretty awesome too.

And of course I'd be fine if the V24 came out in Res C before it was offered with micarta/G10...:D

luethge and Stump Buster like this.
  5. Stump Buster

Stump Buster Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2007
    An XXLong Scrapizashi (in any of the three common Busse-Kin steels) with no top guard or thumb ramp (spine flush with Res-C handle)...... Yeah Baby!!!

Might be tough to figure out a way to press a Res-C handle over a tang that long though.

6. Brummie

Brummie Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2007
    The existing resC handles wouldn’t be good for most swords as they’d be too light to balance the blade. However, I think a shorter and slightly stouter version of the rucki blade would works very well with the Regulator handle, whether or not you’d call it a sword. My suggestion:
    13” blade, about 1.25” at its widest, and full flat ground out of 0.285” stock, with a convex edge.

Also, a new two-handed version of the Regulator handle would work well for a short sword that could chop and thrust. Something like the blade on a naval cutlass or a scaled up version of the blade on the Spyderco Darn Dao.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  7. Brummie

Brummie Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2007
    A new version of the short butaniku would be great, as long as they actually sharpen it this time.

Munroc and UNRL Ghandi like this.
  8. MattinLA

MattinLA

May 31, 2006
    Res -C Rucki!

also still waiting for a XXL Tali-Whacker

9. UNRL Ghandi

Oct 24, 2013
    Haha, agreed. Sent mine to REK to make it usable...though I'll probably never use it. :)

10. UNRL Ghandi

Oct 24, 2013
    I've been thinking about this and while it's not a sword I'd love to see a FMV4 (Force Munchkin V4 or Fighting Munchkin V4) with Res C. I'd carry two in an opposite horizontal appendix carry configuration on my Walmart trips.

11. Iliveocean

Iliveocean Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2019
    We have forsaken series we need a

Res-c-urreected series!

Res-c dssf gets my vote! I think the extra grippiness should support a 10in blade instead of 8in.

12. JACKMANDU

Feb 10, 2019
    Swamp rat Ruckulator! Satin Infi full height convex.

Chingon1988 and luethge like this.
  13. luethge

luethge Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2017
    2 handed dog soldier 24 please.

zombieassassin and JACKMANDU like this.
  14. JACKMANDU

Feb 10, 2019
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I’m in!!!

luethge likes this.
  15. boring

boring

Nov 28, 2005
    You expect alot for 1 to 2 thousand dollars.