[Resolved] ZT 0350 Lockup Help

Issue resolved. Sent in for warranty service, and it came back fixed (lock bar pushed over).

Just got a ZT 0350 (first ZT... woohoo!). I like the look and feel a lot, but I noticed there was some vertical blade play. Upon closer inspection, it looks like the liner is not actually making contact with the tang (see pics below). The gap is pretty slim. I can slide a piece of thin paper (receipt paper, a bit thinner than typical copy paper) through that gap with the blade in the locked open position. When I shake the knife, I can hear rattling as the blade rocks back and forth and hits the blade stop and liner lock.

I tried loosening all the screws (handle & pivot) and re-tightening it to see if maybe it was tightened in a misaligned position. The scales don't look misaligned, but since the gap is so thin, I probably can't see it with the naked eye.

Is there something else I could try, or should I just send it in to Kershaw to fix? Or is this something that will wear in naturally (although I don't see how, as there's no physical contact between the lock and blade)? Is the knife safe to use as it is now, with the lock not making contact with the blade tang? Thanks.

Last edited:
If I push the liner all the way over (as far as I can push it), then it locks up solid (no play). Pushed all the way over, the outside of the liner is almost flush with the side of the blade (see pic). There is just a fraction of a millimeter of the liner that isn't under the blade tang.

Then perhaps try taking it apart once more, and bending the lock bar over inward a bit more. The increased pressure on the lock face may be enough to engage it fully.

If that doesn't work, then it may require service.

Back