1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Restoration question

Discussion in 'Schrade Knives Collectors Forum' started by DaveT63, Apr 28, 2008.

1. DaveT63

DaveT63

Feb 26, 2007
    A couple months back, somebody posted a knife he sent out to a guy to have rehandled. It came back with new bone scales and some work done on the bolsters and looking great. I can't find the thread now. The recent history here only goes back 5 pages, to March 08, and I don't remember enough specifics to do a search.

Anyway, I recently won a very nice 225H for about $18 because I took a chance on some really bad pictures. But one of the scales has an area that is very worn down. I would like to investigate the possibilty of doing this with this knife. Can someone anybody who does this kind of work? Also, can you give me a very rough idea how much it might run to have custom bone handles put on?

Thanks,

Dave

2. Codger_64

Codger_64 Moderator Moderator

Oct 8, 2004
  3. rprocter

rprocter Banned BANNED

Jan 19, 2007
    Dave, you could also visit the "Knifemakers For Sale, Folding Knives" forum, and look at pics. for ideas. there is some amazing talent there and most of the knife makers are v. friendly and helpful. i'll bet you could find someone there to re-handle knife and sharpen/tune it up to a stunning finished product. (some really nice stag or mastodon ivory maybe ?). contact me if you want any recommendations; i've bought a few knives there. roland

4. El Lobo

El Lobo

Sep 6, 2002
    I'm pretty sure orvet (Dale) can do that type of work quite well, but I don't know his schedule. You might try sending him a PM if interested, as he doesn't check in quite as much anymore.

Bill