Returning to the womb.

Robert H

Premium Sheathmaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I'll be out of the office tonight. Traveling back to MCRD where I was "born", 19 years ago, to watch the second nephew walk off the parade deck a Marine. :thumbup:

I can't describe the pride that two of my family have followed me onto the yellow footsteps. :D

But I'll be back tomorrow to keep molding.

I can't believe it's been 19 years! :eek:

Getting old!

To those who are serving, thank you.

And Semper Fi.

19 years for you? FNG...;)

In November, it will be 32 years for me... And you are right, where does the time go?

Some of the best times of my life.
Semper Fi.

WHOA!!!!! we've got some salty dogs on here!!!!!
what MOS where all of you?

0311 on 2nd enlistment so far

Semper Fi!

Final rank of SSGT, 0351, 2111, 0451, 8411

Last edited:
I served as a vaunted 1833, or what I liked to call armored amphibious recreational vehicle driver. :D Got out in 93, then did the ORANG, hit the the regular army in 95 as a 13fox, went EOD in 96 and served at Lewis after school till 00'.

My first nephew is crewing the new "Yankee" model UH-1's, and this new guy is hitting his college registration tomorrow. :eek:

Talk about culture shock! Then he'll do the weekend thing till his commission in a few years. He'll be a great officer. He was first squad leader the whole time and loved it. :thumbup:

I got out largely because I was too high a rank to go to EOD... That was my dream job. Had I got that, I may have stayed for 20...

It was a great job. The best thing about it was an unrestricted access to weapon information, which I used to further my study of history, and the exposure to the 00' presidential race, which put me very close to the candidates, and opened my eyes to politics.

Back