Review Review and Warning On the Cold Steel Luzon Large

Looking good! However that's waaaaaaaaaaay too big for me to carry legaly. And even if it was legit to carry it, I don't think I would anyways!

Regarding the proud tip... well. Easiest fix is to grind a bit of the spine of the knife near the tip. Seconds with a belt grinder!

KH01uQI.png

It’s made in China. Not surprised it doesn’t close like intended.
How meaninglessly reductive.
You should see how bad American cars got in the '70s - the reason Japanese cars made inroads in spite of the fact that Japan was know for cheap goods at the time - if you think country of origin means much by itself.
Cold Steel just didn't pay enough to get things done right or they didn't monitor QC.

Well I’m a mechanic so I deal with tools all day. And none of the Chinese tools hold up.
USA and Taiwan tools are miles ahead in longevity. So I assumed China’s knifes would be the same.

Seems like that blade just needs a drop point instead of a clip if it's going to be engineered like it is. Maybe a spear with a swedge since it looks like they're trying to get it really stabby.

Well I’m a mechanic so I deal with tools all day. And none of the Chinese tools hold up.
USA and Taiwan tools are miles ahead in longevity. So I assumed China’s knifes would be the same.
The British have traditionally made questionable cars, specifically their electrical systems. From that viewpoint, you wouldn't want to fly in a plane with their jet engines, but it turns out they've always made good jet engines.
Benchmade made really good knives, then made knives of questionable quality for years, then went back again.
Quality takes money, constant vigilance, and caring. Not every company pays for that, or has a market niche that will make that profitable.
It isn't that the Chinese companies can't make good tools, it's that whoever is marketing them isn't willing to pay for quality or sell to that market segment. When US manufacturing went overseas, they didn't need to make so much cheap crap, it's that they decided to go all in on lower costs - cheaper labor and lower quality.

The British have traditionally made questionable cars, specifically their electrical systems. From that viewpoint, you wouldn't want to fly in a plane with their jet engines, but it turns out they've always made good jet engines.
Benchmade made really good knives, then made knives of questionable quality for years, then went back again.
Quality takes money, constant vigilance, and caring. Not every company pays for that, or has a market niche that will make that profitable.
It isn't that the Chinese companies can't make good tools, it's that whoever is marketing them isn't willing to pay for quality or sell to that market segment. When US manufacturing went overseas, they didn't need to make so much cheap crap, it's that they decided to go all in on lower costs - cheaper labor and lower quality.

Damn you and your logical thinking! :)

You are absolutely correct, I saw a special on Chinese made goods for American corporations. The Chinese factories make to spec by their customers and only make about 3% profit. If the specs call for low cost low quality goods then that's what they make, high cost and they make good stuff like the IPhone. Yes your Iphones are made in China.

Dude have you ever heard of Reate, Kizer or WE?

Back