Review: EDI's Genesis II

One of my favorite things about the Genesis knives is that clip. The clip lets the knife ride deep, keeping a nice low profile.

I would really love a Genisis that was shorter, a 3 inch version, plain edged, FAA friendly.

------------------
I mean, if I went around saying I was an Emperor because some
moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, people would put me away!

Ogre,

I fly with a 4 inch knife. EDI's are not tactical looking which makes it easier then say a black AFCK through the metal detectors.

Sid

Really?
WOW - The Airport here in Salt Lake has a fit even with Victorinox Knives... Only Grudgingly letting it pass... A full 4 inch folder of any type is asking for trouble. 3 inches will get you a hard glare and you carry on inspected... longer and you have 20 questions as well... 4... you will need an enima.

------------------
I mean, if I went around saying I was an Emperor because some
moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, people would put me away!

Nice review Dex!

I really enjoy carrying the Genesis 1 and 2.
The light weight of the 2 and rounded contours make it a joy to carry.

The clip is also a dream. It is the best clip ever designed bar none.
The edge geometry works too!

Again, great review.

Dex,

Well done
smile.gif
! I recently was presented with a Genesis II and was quite surprised by just how good it is even against its big brother. Anyone who is worried about single liner designs ought to look at Spyderco's Military and Starmate or some of Elishewitz' older Omega folders... no question about strength in a properly executed design... and the Genesis II is a great design properly executed.

I consider the II to be a bargain period.

-=[Bob]=-

Thanks guys for the compliments. Think about it - if we really like the Genesis knives as they are now - wait until the A-2 and Talonite versions hit the market. As BTO once sang: "you ain't seen nothin' yet..."
smile.gif

------------------
Dexter Ewing
Knife Reviews Moderator
AKTI Member # A000005

"The keystroke is mightier than the sword"

I'm dying to try the Genesis II out, can't wait til some catalogs get thses in stock...

Back