Review of Cur Knives & Tool Titanium Bit Drivers

More practical than a lanyard bead, but I don't think it's any more useful than something like the $12 Wiha stubby driver. Whether someone thinks the aesthetic is worth paying 6x as much is a personal decision.

I think the same could be said of a Chris Reeve Sebenza vs. a $12 gas station knife. None of are here because we want the low price technically acceptable solution...

I think the same could be said of a Chris Reeve Sebenza vs. a $12 gas station knife. None of are here because we want the low price technically acceptable solution...

Except, unlike a typical knife, a bit driver's utility is almost entirely dependent on a separate item: the bit you put in the end. A cheapo Torx bit in a fancy titanium handle will perform the intended function worse than a quality bit in a cheapo plastic bit driver. A better analogy would be something like the Snecx Mono or Rexford RUK (or any other "fancy" knife/tool that uses standard replaceable razor/utility blades) compared to a generic utility knife that uses the same blades.

I should also point out that most GSKs aren't even sharp, so they don't actually provide adequate performance for their intended use.

Except, unlike a typical knife, a bit driver's utility is almost entirely dependent on a separate item: the bit you put in the end. A cheapo Torx bit in a fancy titanium handle will perform the intended function worse than a quality bit in a cheapo plastic bit driver. A better analogy would be something like the Snecx Mono or Rexford RUK (or any other "fancy" knife/tool that uses standard replaceable razor/utility blades) compared to a generic utility knife that uses the same blades.

I should also point out that most GSKs aren't even sharp, so they don't actually provide adequate performance for their intended use.

A)you’re missing the point
B)The driver comes with a set of Wiha bits. So it’s a moot point.

Back