1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Rhino w/Bugout clip

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Halfneck, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Halfneck

Halfneck Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Picked up my Rhino a while back as a work friendly EDC. Ergonomics were good, I like CTS-XHP steel a lot, the compression lock is among my favorites, and swept blade shapes are sexy. About my only complaint was the pocket clip. While I have no strong preference for deep carry clips, on a small handled knife it feels more secure if it sits deeper in your pocket. The factory clip is also shiny - I just don't like shiny. I know if someone looks at my right front pocket any clip is noticeable, but I don't want something to draw someone's attention to it that wasn't looking for it.

So I looked at some aftermarket clips, but didn't see any I really liked. Additionally there is always the risk that the new clip might throw the ergonomics off and cause a hot spot in-hand. Then I saw someone mention that the Benchmade Bugout's pocket clip would fit. Grabbed my Bugout and checked the layout & indeed it would. A quick call to Benchmade's customer service for a spare Bugout clip & $5 and change later it was on it's way.

Now as a 1-armed man putting those damn tiny screws in by hand WITHOUT bumping the clip out of alignment was a PITA. So I grabbed my tiny Leatherman pliers and used them. 10-15 minutes of fiddling around and it was done. Ergonomics are even better, clip is not shiny, and it sits a bit deeper in my pocket. Win/Win/Win.
    RhinoBugoutClip.jpg

Rykjeklut and BilboBaggins like this.
  2. RealVendetta

RealVendetta Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2019
    Dig that. And like the deeper carry option too. Looks like it was made for it.

3. 4mer_FMF

4mer_FMF Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 9, 2016
    That looks nice!

I fiddled with the BM 940 deep & regular clip on my Rhino, then went back to OE. The Bugout clip looks just right.

I have a spare SG Spydermonkey clip around somewhere. I keep meaning to try that one—if I ever get around to it I’ll drop in a pic.