Richard_J - Knife Sharpener

Hi all, and apologies in advance if this thread is posted in the wrong place.

A few years back I came into contact with the member Richard_J, who was by far the most talented knife sharpener I have ever known. He made knives so sharp they could cut God himself. Fast forward to the present, my Snody needs a good touch again. Problem is, Richard_J's profile says he was last seen in 2014. Is anyone in the know of his status?

Thanks in advance.

BC

Pretty sure Richard officially retired.

I lost his contact info so very sorry I can't help there.

Thank you both for your replies. Im so bummed to hear he retired...he was very good at his art :-(. I'll check out the provided link, hopefully I can find someone to help me out.

I seem to recall that Richard had some very serious health issues, and backed away from the knife business completely. He was a firm advocate of the Paper Wheel system and while he was around, many folks were using his system and touting it as the very best. Certainly one of the fastest. These days I never hear a word spoken about his system.

Stitchawl

Back around 2010 or so when I first met him on here he was always advocating the paper wheel technique. Prices were extremely reasonable too. $1 per inch of blade? What a bargain! I always dropped a twenty in the box before I mailed my knife to him...I felt that the edge he put on my knife was worth it. I hope others did similar for him.

Back in the day Richard J was my go to for knife sharpening. He also convinced me to get paper wheels which have worked great for me after a bit of practice. I have been sharpening my own knives for a while now too thanks to him and try to share the fun of paper wheels with others.

Back