Rick Hinderer Knives Picture Thread

Ross,
Thank you… I tried, but someone has freddy fast fingers and beat me to it!:eek:;)

Charlie......those XMs are outstanding......I love the 3" WF Spearpoint.......
But couldn't you have found a nicer scale......at least for the bronze one? :D

The Mailbox had something interesting in it today......never seen one before quite like this.......

So.....Bead Blasted scale......polished two-tone bead blasted lockside.........

And a two-tone sterile blade......sand blasted blade & swedge (??????) and satin flats........

So to be honest......I've never seen a blade or Hellfire quite like this & I don't know what it is......but I have decided I really like it.....
If you've seen something like this before.......lemme know.......

Last edited:
Absolutely stunning Ross...I saw that one up and I'm glad you got it! Well done brother.

Yeah the only two tone blade finishes I've seen were on some of those earlier ones...but I do know that they are an awesome combination. That hand rubbed lockside is another work of art in itself. Just amazing! And a hellfire to top it all off. That's really awesome man, I'm happy for you!

I don't think I have ever seen another XM in that configuration Ross!! I like the blasted Ti scale you threw on there. Well done on a sweet XM! Your pics do it better justice bro!!

The a Ranch has done a little bit of everything on the blades of custom XMs. I've seen dual finishes before, always wanted for a reverse w/ satin on the cutting portion and other finish on the flats, but I understand how it's easier to satin flats.

The Mailbox had something interesting in it today......never seen one before quite like this.......

So.....Bead Blasted scale......polished two-tone bead blasted lockside.........

And a two-tone sterile blade......sand blasted blade & swedge (??????) and satin flats........

So to be honest......I've never seen a blade or Hellfire quite like this & I don't know what it is......but I have decided I really like it.....
If you've seen something like this before.......lemme know.......

As N2K pointed out already, the bead/sand blasted with hand rubbed flats has been done on customs (and a very limited number of productions), the guys at RHK are always mixing things up.

You can see one of the Gen 1 XM-24 in the Generation thread with a similar treatment.

(posting as requested, N2K pretty much already covered it).

Wow, that hellfire is awesome Ross!!! I got my first custom and a kewl little DLC Slicer with stonewashed lockside... Been a good week!!

2014-06-30-hinderer-custom-fieldtac-black-stoney_01.jpg

2014-06-30-hinderer-custom-fieldtac-black-stoney_02.jpg

2014-06-30-hinderer-custom-fieldtac-black-stoney_03.jpg

2014-06-30-hinderer-custom-fieldtac-black-stoney_04.jpg

2014-06-30-hinderer-custom-fieldtac-black-stoney_05.jpg

2014-06-30-hinderer-custom-fieldtac-black-stoney_06.jpg

2014-06-30-hinderer-custom-fieldtac-black-stoney_07.jpg

Holy crap! Great scores Dave. That fieldtac is siiiiiick! Those things are freekin beasts aren't they!!??

Nice Super Bee! I have skull tab on the way for my 3.5. Still on the hunt for blue standoffs for the 3s to finish the match ;)

Back