Rick Hinderer Knives Picture Thread

Couple shots of my wharnies tonight. Can't believe I held off getting an XM for so long. These knives are just awesome.

And whatever you do, do NOT drop a wharnie whilst flipping it sitting in your easy chair. Those pointy blades bite HARD! Not the dumbest thing I have ever done and doubt it will be my last. She gave me 3 stitches. LOL

Most have a finish you could describe as pre-worn, so this perfectly hides the marks the knives get with use. Of course there are also many knives which are used purely for cellective purposes.

Most of these Knives Look BRAND NEW, Does anybody even Use These Knives??

NastyXM_zps81a8a653.jpg

Most of these Knives Look BRAND NEW, Does anybody even Use These Knives??

Everyday. But, that said, I could post a pic of my oldest most carried/most used Hinderer and I'd defy anyone to find a sign of wear. Its a 3.5" spanto stone wash finish w/to scale. Looks brand new.
Great knives.

Not sure why I do this but the "subject" comes up enough to be irritating..... Here are two(2) pics of my oldest most used "user of any knife I own.

Sorry but because Rick is So Good..... I have not managed to make this knife Look used or abused. I even throw it down my driveway regularly just to try (along with my HDS light, which has finally gotten a knick or two) anyway.......

Not sure why I do this but the "subject" comes up enough to be irritating..... Here are two(2) pics of my oldest most used "user of any knife I own.

Sorry but because Rick is So Good..... I have not managed to make this knife Look used or abused. I even throw it down my driveway regularly just to try (along with my HDS light, which has finally gotten a knick or two) anyway.......

You will never get that textured stonewashed scale to show any signs of use:

- I have one and EDC/used it for months with no signs of use, then
- Threw it in Rick's giant tumbler for a few hours with brand new media in order to get it to look more stonewashed, we forgot about and when we remembered it was still in there, we joked it was completely worn away when we couldn't find it. Eventually it was found and it honestly didn't look any different than when it was thrown in, then
- EDC it for a few more months.

If I was insane and wanted to sell it, I could pass it off as "like new" and on one could argue differently.

Gents, those are some increadibly cool users - nice to see knives of that caliber getting carried, as they should be.
I have a very small collection of knives - spydies, zts and now a few XMs, but I carry each and every one of them.

Granted, I have a desk job, so "carrying" does not demand much out of them, but if I'm not going to use a knife, I may as well sell it...

You will never get that textured stonewashed scale to show any signs of use:

- I have one and EDC/used it for months with no signs of use, then
- Threw it in Rick's giant tumbler for a few hours with brand new media in order to get it to look more stonewashed, we forgot about and when we remembered it was still in there, we joked it was completely worn away when we couldn't find it. Eventually it was found and it honestly didn't look any different than when it was thrown in, then
- EDC it for a few more months.

If I was insane and wanted to sell it, I could pass it off as "like new" and on one could argue differently.

I Know! But, Rich there are those (some) on BF that would say we simply don't "Use" our knives and maybe just pose for photo shoots.
I've gone out of my way (sometimes missing real work) trying my best to make my knife useage Please the masses.
I have failed. Some would say miserably. I dunno what to do. How can I please those who are unhappy with my Knives appearance?
Should I hire someone?
Maybe go out back and beat on some with a rock?

I just want to make the rest of the knife community happy and "approve" of my knife ownership :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I Know! But, Rich there are those (some) on BF that would say we simply don't "Use" our knives and maybe just pose for photo shoots.
I've gone out of my way (sometimes missing real work) trying my best to make my knife useage Please the masses.
I have failed. Some would say miserably. I dunno what to do. How can I please those who are unhappy with my Knives appearance?
Should I hire someone?
Maybe go out back and beat on some with a rock?

I just want to make the rest of the knife community happy and "approve" of my knife ownership :rolleyes:

I am not too concerned about what Internet warriors think of me or my knife usage.

:cool:

Back