1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Rick Lowe Bourbon Street Sheath

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Jroden5446, May 6, 2012.

1. Jroden5446

Jroden5446 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Hey guys, after seeing the pics Rick Lowe posted up of his Fiddleback sheaths, I knew I had to get one for my Bourbon Street Skinner. The lines of his sheath just look to really compliment the sexy curves of this knife. After a few very quick and pleasant emails with Rick, I had one of his pieces on its way to me. it got here saturday and I am definately very pleased with his work. The fit and finish is great and the sheath is very light and well balanced while on the belt. Just wanted to share some first hand experience with a great product. On the the pics, enjoy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A quick shot of it on

[​IMG]

Decided to harvest a few wild sweet potatoes ( well, I planted them and let the grow wild)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:D

2. maw

maw Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Jroden5446 that is really a great report of the knife and sheath and some fantastic pictures to boot! You have a really sweet package there. I like the look of the two-tone colors on the sheath and I agree that it complements the knife very well. Thank you for sharing.

Mark

3. Jroden5446

Dec 20, 2009
    Thanks man, I did a little more detailed write up of the BSS when I first got it. I agree, the two tone of the sheath is great, and the medium brown really makes the Osage in the handle pop, I love the lines of the sheath as well, really does compliment the BOurbon streets curves

4. Skinny

Skinny

Jan 21, 2009
    That looks really great. Both the knife and sheath!

Thanks for posting pics.

5. Rick Lowe

Rick Lowe KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 6, 2005
    Sure glad you like it! You were right in picking the brown for the osage handle. Great photos, thanks!

6. Jroden5446

Dec 20, 2009
    Very happy with it! And thanks!

7. Tinman96

Tinman96

May 2, 2012
    I am newb, How did you go about getting this sheath, It is awesome!! Did you custom order from Rick Lowe or does he have them in stock.

I just asked for the osage skinner over on fiddleback's cinco de mayo sale.... hope I get it, and then the sheath is next!!

8. Rockywolf

Rockywolf Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Oh this thread is dangerous! I've been trying to resist the Bourbon St Skinner for months and I'm caving! This sheath will seal the deal. Gotta sell some stuff first...

Thanks for sharing such a sweet rig!

9. Jroden5446

Dec 20, 2009
    Congrats ( if you get it ) the swedges on those look amazing! I'd ask Andy if he has any of Ricks sheaths in when you set up payment, if not, just email Rick direct

Glad to be of service!:D You won't regret a BBS ( or a sheath from Rick)

10. d762nato

d762nato Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Thats a great looking sheath congrats and your right that BSS is a Sexy knife with all those curves. I've got to resist i tell you.:D

11. Rick Lowe

Rick Lowe KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 6, 2005
    Andy will have three of the sheaths in his hands Friday afternoon. Two are the lighter color and one is brown. If anybody wants to order direct, email me at, [email protected] and we can go over color choice and any other options. These sheaths will be $50 plus $5 Priority Mail shipping through Andy or direct from me. I can usually ship finished sheath within 24hrs. of order. Thanks to all for the good comments!

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  12. crex

crex

Oct 4, 2002
    Well Brother, you got past the first part............now start taking names!
    See you in a couple of days.

My airline pilot student is coming over today to learn a little leather (one that burned his britches on my anvil). Going to show him some of these pics to inspire him.

13. chainring

chainring KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 20, 2008
    Very nice!!!

14. sumnrfam

sumnrfam Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Wow,,,

Just WOW :D :D

That is all,,

Wade

15. Izhmash

Izhmash Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2009
    That is a fantastic looking sheath. You are dead on...the lines compliment the BSS very well. Bravo! :thumbup:

16. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    I love that Rick. This is working out great. I'll need 3 more right away when you're back home from the meeting. And I'll be sending you home with a few knives to pattern as well!

Thank you!

And thanks for the pics too Jroden! Thanks!

17. Tinman96

Tinman96

May 2, 2012
    my BSS is on the way and i sent R Lo a email to get the sheath ordered... stoked!! thanks for the pics!!