Rick Menefee Knives...

John, now you've gone and made me crazy. All the ogling over the mammoth spear and now you post the LC that I have somewhere in my wish list photos. If I was still a teenager I'd have a poster of that knife. Absolutely gorgeous!!

Rick builds a great knife,

bfrm2-jpg.709192

Attachments

• BFRM2.jpg
    BFRM2.jpg
    414.1 KB · Views: 484
That's one of Rick's old Front Pockets. I've had it maybe nine years and carry it a lot. Great blade on it.

I like them all, and I agree with Chris, that old front pocket grabs me, too. Nice trio.

I have been a fan of Rick’s knives for quite some time, but I normally do not allow myself to buy customs. However, and there is always a however, I noticed that he was starting a group buy of the Bent Gunstock pattern that was developed by Tony Bose; one of my favorites. Rick has redesigned the blade in a way which I prefer. I just could not resist the opportunity and asked him to make mine with Ironwood. Here are the work in progress photos he posted online. I could not believe this Ironwood. I have never seen such a wild grain pattern. The knife should be ready for delivery in a couple weeks. Hopefully, this will generate more discussion of his knives.

View attachment 972896 View attachment 972897 View attachment 972898 View attachment 972903

Last edited:
View attachment 977257 View attachment 977258

Thanks Jeff black mamba black mamba . That means a lot coming from you. You have impeccable taste in knives, and it makes me feel good that you like what Rick has done so far.

It has been a treat being able to see his work in progress photos. He worked on this group of bent gunstocks for a solid week, but now he is back at his day job. I will have to be patient.

The first photo I posted above was one I saw on Rick’s Instagram a long time ago. I really like that knife. So when he announced that he was doing the pattern once again, I asked him to make one like it for me. The only difference being the filed bolster I selected for my knife. The second photo is an earlier shot of the actual Ironwood handle material for my knife. Would you say that is burl or just a wavy grain pattern?

Looks like it’s been a while since someone posted on this great thread, and I know it’s not because Ricky’s knives aren’t being used.

Here’s what I am carrying today, a #MenefeeMade backpocket with a 3-1/2” blade, lovely swedge, burlap micarta covers, and a stylish micarta shield. Brass liners add some ooomph in looks and heft.

Ricky sends his knives out sharp - you should see how this baby slices through fresh muffins! :rolleyes: Like a hot knife through butter!

64850D84-EF03-4CF8-8BA9-32480E500883.jpeg AC79EC88-5E65-49B2-AA85-C648A4730A79.jpeg 9EEBC716-77DF-4C82-A2D8-62109D559914.jpeg

Attachments

• AC835493-0446-4824-9E5A-63A13E632D07.jpeg
    AC835493-0446-4824-9E5A-63A13E632D07.jpeg
    427 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Looks like it’s been a while since someone posted on this great thread, and I know it’s not because Ricky’s knives aren’t being used.

Here’s what I am carrying today, a #MenefeeMade backpocket with a 3-1/2” blade, lovely swedge, burlap micarta covers, and a stylish micarta shield. Brass liners add some ooomph in looks and heft.

Ricky sends his knives out sharp - you should see how this baby slices through fresh muffins! :rolleyes: Like a hot knife through butter!

View attachment 1104909 View attachment 1104910 View attachment 1104908
Hot!

Back