Rings/Wedding Rings For Knife Enthusiasts? Let's see em!

Fixall

Brian
Dealer / Materials Provider
My wife and I are about to hit our two year anniversary. :D For her engagement ring, I purchased the center diamond separately and had a custom platinum and rose gold ring made. For our one year anniversary, I had a custom matching platinum/rose gold/diamond wedding band made (we went with a cheapy wedding band at first so we could spend more on the wedding, lol). For my wedding band we went with a really cheap tungsten/ceramic band (cost about $10) because we were sure I would lose it since I'm not used to wearing rings... It's a good thing we did that too because I'm on my fourth tungsten ring, lol. I've now had the same ring on for over a year so for our second anniversary my wife thought it would be cool to have a custom band made for me.

I thought long and hard about it and ended up deciding on a custom Dense Twist Damasteel and grade 5 Titanium lined (I'm allergic to the nickel in Damasteel) ring. I'm very pleased with how it turned out... And it even matches my Dense Twist Damasteel Olamic Busker, lol. :D

0vxRkXq.jpg

aZqW52k.jpg

BE62iI3.jpg

xFmqOTk.jpg

BZzYVGn.jpg

I haven't seen a wedding band/ring thread in the gadgets and gear subforum in a long time so I'm curious to see what you guys are rocking! Does being a knife enthusiast affect your preferences in rings?

Last edited:
Very cool looking ring. Mine has four diamonds in it, and I rarely wear it.

I have a cladagh I thought would be a good work ring, but it catches every time I put on gloves.

I bought one of the safety one that will shatter instead of crush. But it’s too thick between my fingers and hurts sometimes. Strangely I get compliments on it when I wear it.

I probably should get a silicone one, but haven’t bothered. My wife doesn’t seem to mind me not wearing it.

Very cool looking ring. Mine has four diamonds in it, and I rarely wear it.

I have a cladagh I thought would be a good work ring, but it catches every time I put on gloves.

I bought one of the safety one that will shatter instead of crush. But it’s too thick between my fingers and hurts sometimes. Strangely I get compliments on it when I wear it.

I probably should get a silicone one, but haven’t bothered. My wife doesn’t seem to mind me not wearing it.

Thanks!

Yea, the first year we were married, I was working in the meat department of our warehouse so I rarely wore a ring (which is the main reason I lost so many). I work in sales now though so there's no more risk of losing a hand/finger, lol.

mine would disappoint.
37 years ago the choices were pretty much white gold or yellow gold.
We bought mine from an outfit that sold rings for the price of the gold they contained.

Just celebrated our 40th.. Don't think either one of us has worn a ring in the past 39yrs..:D
John

I don't have the slightest idea where my wedding ring might be. I never wore rings, bracelets, necklaces, etc before & my first day at work after getting married in 1970, it got caught on something while I was jumping out of a trailer, and darn near tore my finger off. We had to cut it off my finger. My wife had it repaired, but I haven't worn a ring since.

Just celebrated our 40th.. Don't think either one of us has worn a ring in the past 39yrs..:D
John

Funny you should mention that. My wife & I were taking our daily walk with the dog yesterday & it suddenly occured to me that we both forgot our anniversary, which was sometime in early June. I never could get it straight. We both just cracked up laughing.

And before anyone wishes me a happy 50th anniversary, we're both on our second marriage. We've only been married 22 years to each other, but have been married a total of 73 years.

Mine is very similar to the one pictured above., stainless damascus. It has taken all the abuses of being a rancher and a knife maker quite well.

I'm not married. I don't wear a ring. But if I did, I'd want it to be a Green Lantern ring, preferably not in the style of the live action movie.

Titanium with sterling silver/ palladium/ rose gold Mokume inlay:) (fresh forced patina on the sterling silver)

Screenshot_20200701-140519_Photos~2.jpg

I have a ten dollar amazon stainless ring where the middle thing is a fidget spinner kinda thing.

I'm in the process though of getting a design together for a copper big heavy fat chunky biker type ring.

I have a ten dollar amazon stainless ring where the middle thing is a fidget spinner kinda thing.

I'm in the process though of getting a design together for a copper big heavy fat chunky biker type ring.

How're you going to keep the copper from oxidizing green all over your finger from sweat?

I have some other copper stuff that doesn't do that once it starts to patina.

Or I could just hit it with a hi temp flame for a few seconds like they do with titanium. I think that would work, right?

I have some other copper stuff that doesn't do that once it starts to patina.

Or I could just hit it with a hi temp flame for a few seconds like they do with titanium. I think that would work, right?

I don't know, but you're making me tempted to do a ring made from a 3/4" copper crimp ring used for pex plumbing. A little sandpaper on the outer surface to take out the stamping data, a little heat from a gas torch to force color changes, and go from there.

Last edited:
Thanks Bud! Likewise Paul, havent seen your handle pop up in some time!
Outside distractions of late Jack, I see more time (hopefully) here come fall? Your ring skills are impressive, I'd know;) Thanks again for the massive skull ring:thumbsup:

Back