1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

RIP Charlie Mike

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by VernonRemington, Jan 15, 2019.

1. K.O.D.

K.O.D. Banned Platinum Member

Aug 21, 2013
    I'm still thinking about this. A man like him, to have overcome what he did, it's just not fair. Matt, you are in my thoughts often. I know you're watching over us idiots, trying to keep us from making dumb purchases when knife hunting.

2. Wanimator

Wanimator

Mar 7, 2014
    I don't miss him any less, day by day I just get sadder.

3. A.L.

A.L.

Jun 27, 2007
    I wish I had better ways with words to express the saddness and disbelief when I read Matt had passed away. I had the pleasure to chat with him every now and then in various places.

I remember he called me brother from another mother (or something similar) because we had similar looks (mostly the spectacles haha).

Matt infected me with diver watch thing.

Matt was colorful personality who I much associated with. He had very relatable, provocative humor and attitude I like. I got ”offended” with some things he said but that’s how it goes with strong personalities. I have done the same thing myself.

Matt’s knife making progress was pleasure to follow. His youtube channel was very old school style I liked.

I still cannot believe you are gone brother. Rest in peace.

d762nato likes this.
  4. A.L.

A.L.

Jun 27, 2007
    I would still like to see the CMFTW coin too!

5. ATJ999

ATJ999 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Dang! I have been away from the forum for a couple of months. Did not expect this! So sorry to hear. Always liked talking with CM on here. RIP bud. Very cool guy.

Yo Mama likes this.
  6. TW-Knife

TW-Knife

Aug 31, 2001
    "Tell your friend that in his death a part of you dies and goes with him. Wherever he goes, you also go. He will not be alone." - J.K.

d762nato and Man with no name like this.
  7. Man with no name

Man with no name

Jun 24, 2015
    And as we live, so does Matt. In our hearts and memories. RIP brotha!

Yo Mama, Seesteel and d762nato like this.
  8. Cryptyc

Cryptyc Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2013
    Till Valhalla brother. We’ll take up watch. Hooah.

Man with no name and d762nato like this.
  9. SOG_CDR

SOG_CDR

Jun 30, 2010
    Rest In Peace, Charlie Mike.

Such a young passionate soul.

Thank you for your service to our nation.

Man with no name, d762nato and SW-EDC like this.
  10. SherlockT

SherlockT Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2019
    I’m hesitant to post on this, I don’t feel I have the right. But here goes.

I didn’t know CM as I’m new here but he clearly had an impact and was an invaluable member of this community.

Those damn Bang energy drinks make my heart want to explode but in a few weeks when I’m done nursing a stupid broken ankle I’ll raise one to him pre training. I’ll hate myself (and momentarily him) but what the hell, why not?

If anyone needs to talk I’ve got your six. Regardless thanks for letting me into the perspective of a clearly awesome individual. I didn’t know him but thanks to you all I’ll remember him.

Yo Mama, POCEH KOCEB and 353 like this.
  11. 00ChevyScott

00ChevyScott

Dec 3, 2010
    Haven’t been on bladeforums in a while and just saw this. RIP CM

12. BOHAWG

BOHAWG Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Dammit Mannn... I just saw this. Rest In peace brother

13. needler420

needler420 Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Just saw this. He was a pillar of the community. I have spoken to him numerous times on here and over the internet. I watched his youtube videos. He helped me with questions about balisongs.

I will miss not getting to see him post. But ill never forget him. RIP.

Yo Mama and Pizis like this.
  14. SW-EDC

SW-EDC Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 4, 2015
    Just an FYI to all BF members.
    The GoFundMe sight for Matt has some really nice pictures of him posted just minutes ago by Sarah.

Yo Mama, FortyTwoBlades and abbydaddy like this.
  15. Low_rez

Low_rez Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Just saw this. Very sad to hear this. He always made me laugh and was a character I would have loved to have known better. RIP CM

16. phil40000

phil40000

Oct 29, 2011
    Damn, RIP Matt, I had spoken to him online quite a few times over the last 5/6 years regarding recovery mostly and he took this part of his life very seriously. His sense of humour was outrageous and he was a fierce friend and lover of animals.

The world is a poorer place without you pal.

17. killerloop

killerloop Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2018
    RIP, Legend!

18. cistercian

cistercian

Apr 22, 2015
    I have been waiting to post this. I really enjoyed CM and will miss his posts.
    RIP CM and be assured of my prayers.

19. HorseloverFat

HorseloverFat

Apr 11, 2014
    Would you post a link to the GoFundMe site , please ? Thank you in advance .

20. Fanglekai

Fanglekai

Jan 7, 2007
    mmmotorcycle and abbydaddy like this.