1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

RIP Grizzly Adams

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by Karda, Jan 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    Dan Haggerty, Animal trainer, advocate and former Hollywood actor and star of "The life and times of Grizzly Adams" passed away this morning after losing a 5 month battle with cancer. He was 74 years old.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/th...-at-74/ar-BBofqQK?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

Rest in Peace, Mr. Haggerty. It was a pleasure.

I can credit 3 people for my interest in wildlife and nature. First and foremost, my own father....and then Marlin Perkins and Grizzly Adams.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  2. BitingSarcasm

BitingSarcasm

Feb 25, 2014
    I watched every episode of that show as a little boy. My parents always told me "no" when I asked for a bear of my very own, but Dad took me out and got me a Buck fixed blade knife for my belt so I could be more like Grizz. Lemmy, David Bowie, Alan Rickman, Dan Haggerty....Damnit all. This is a bad year for the Giants of my youth.

3. hatchettjack

hatchettjack

Aug 4, 2015
    Loved the show
    RIP

4. MTURBO

MTURBO Banned BANNED

Nov 5, 2014
    I used to watch that show all the time when it was on.

He was on a episode of american pickers a couple years ago.

Sad to hear.

5. Tom 1962

Tom 1962

Jan 13, 2016
    Remember the show well, He was a great person too. R.I.P. Dan

6. evltcat

evltcat Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2011
    I loved his show when I was a kid!

R.I.P. Dan Haggerty, Ben and I will never forget you! :(

7. Catherine_Montana

Catherine_Montana