River City/Mike Sastre Spyderco Sheath Images?

The images for the sheath for a Spydie Military are in the Some Days Are Better Than Others thread.
John Row
colobbfan

------------------
I've had more paper cuts than cuts from knives, but the knives are QUICKLY gaining!

Hi. . .

And. . .

1. Who has images of the River City/Mike Sastre Spyderco sheaths for the Mouse and the Starmate. (How much for the Starmate sheath?)

2. Don't want to sound newbie-ish, though it does!!
smile.gif
, . . .but am I suppose to wear it with the knife upside-down? How come the knife doesn't fall? Could it fall if you run or jump, etc. ?
confused.gif

Thanks!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Santi (edited 10-11-2000).]

1. Who has images of the River City/Mike Sastre Spyderco sheaths for the Mouse and the Starmate. (How much for the Starmate sheath?)

---> There are none online that I know of. The Starmate sheath is 26.00 from the Spyderco Factory Outlet.

2. Don't want to sound newbie-ish, though it does!! , . . .but am I supposed to wear it with the knife upside-down?

---> If you like this is possible, and the usual way these are worn,

How come the knife doesn't fall? Could it fall if you run or jump, etc. ?

---> While anything is possible, the tension of the Concealex material and the friction of the surfaces keeps it in quite nicely.

A tool that you may consider using is the search feature, it is found on most pages under the 'Post New Topic' and 'Post Reply' buttons. With it you can find reams of information.

------------------
Thank you,
Marion David Poff aka Eye, Cd'A ID, USA mdpoff@hotmail.com

Review of the World Survival Institute, Chris Janowsky survival knife, the Ranger.

Talonite Resource Page, nearly exhaustive!!

Fire Page, metal match sources and index of information.

"Many are blinded by name and reputation, few see the truth" Lao Tzu

Mike at River City offers a "Neck Sheath" and a "Security Sheath". The latter is molded with greater tension to the knife and thus has a better degree of preventing inadvertent disengagement. But as Marion stated, given any proper circumstance one could get dislodged.

Also, kydex and concealex are thermoplastics which can be heated and detailed molded to knives, guns, etc. Much like the way a fine hand boned leather holster retains its gun.

L8r,
Nakano

Thanks.
smile.gif

(I did use the search feature before asking, . . .I did.)

Back