1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

RMD Kydex Sheath with PSK Holder

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by Muttley, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    No, you sent everything. I just wanted the top of the UKE sandwiched between the leather, so I drilled out those two eyelets and reset it with four eyelets. I liked the symmetrical look of it done that way.

2. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    I understand completely :thumbup: The only reason i bother pressing them together is to allow the string to slide easily in dangler-style, and not unfold by itself when the wearer is sitting or laying down (less tension on the cord)... but I never actually tried it...

3. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    I don't think I'd bother to change anything based on what I did there Chiral. Your way is definitely better for a user that might want to go back and forth between dangler and fixed loop.

4. Muttley

Muttley

Mar 22, 2016
    HK, that looks great and exactly what I was looking for. If you don't mind I'm going to steal your set up. I'm waiting impatiently for my RMD that I ordered on 3/11. :)

5. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    Steal away bud, I'll be glad if you find it helpful :thumbup:

I think it's great that one of our regular benders is mindful of setting the eyelets to the esee 5/6 pattern. Also, we've been looking pretty hard at the esee pouches in a different part of the forum, and found that there are some differences in manufacture. The one I mounted above is a USA made pouch, and those seem to run really consistent in eyelet spacing. When the USA made pouch is closed, it can be identified by the uneven flap. The left side of the flap is 'square' but the right side of the flap is rounded. Good luck putting it together, and if you get a chance post a pic or two :)