RMD Trailing Point?

rpn

Gold Member
Was that one of the variants made, or am I imagining it?

I remember seeing pictures of some bowie variants of the RMD. Looked like a very pronounced clip point, or nearly a trailing point. Not as much so as the trailing point of the Rodent Trail though.

I think there were a (very!!) few 'Persian' variants that came out of custom shop over the years, but I am not sure if I really seen the pics or just imagined them...

Someone had a full on Persian up for sale on the exchange a couple weeks ago.

I had posted in wanted to buy a RMD Trailing Point with no luck...maybe b/c it doesn't exist! Hah!

This bowie is listed on the exchange. Don't know the seller or if this is anywhere close to what you're looking for rpn.

I was eye balling that one. Emailed the seller to see what the tip is like...wonder what the strength of it is like?

Being a rat I bet it's strong :) But I really don't know just wanna see a post active here in the swamp. Lol hahaha

I was eye balling that one. Emailed the seller to see what the tip is like...wonder what the strength of it is like?

I've never got to handle one of those bowies. The trailing point of the rodent trails are still pretty stout, even with the flat grind.

That's really nice! I believe it's a Custom Shop Ratmandu ground as a bowie. I am a fan of bowies in general. Probably strong as all hell too, being a Swamp Rat. If the CS would re-open I would get a satin INFI version of that with a tan/black G10. Or comp finish would probably look pretty nice on that too.

This bowie is listed on the exchange. Don't know the seller or if this is anywhere close to what you're looking for rpn.

Oh how I wish they would reopen! If they do though, better get the orders in quick. They'll get flooded :)

Oh yeah, absolutely. I've got my ideas ready to go, just waiting for that wonderful moment when they post the CS-Open thread finally

Looks like I found one- no?! :p

Got it from David Brown recently and I'll tell you- that is the nicest kydex sheath I've every seen. :thumbup::thumbup:

Saw this one the other day...oh my wish I got it!

And a couple pics with the SOS which always reminded me of a mini-RMD. I'm liking it alot! A lot of knife in a small package...check out that tip.

Beautiful!! Congrats rpn, and way to go landing an sos as well. That one slipped past me in the melee lol.

I love trailing point blades. I have been wanting a Rodent Trail for a long time but have not found the handle/finish options I like. Would make a great release. That is if the Swamp is to ever bless us in that manner again.

Harpoon from the Custom Shop
JLn4iZR.jpg

Back