1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

RMD Trailing Point?

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by rpn, Dec 28, 2016.

1. rpn

rpn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Was that one of the variants made, or am I imagining it?

2. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    I remember seeing pictures of some bowie variants of the RMD. Looked like a very pronounced clip point, or nearly a trailing point. Not as much so as the trailing point of the Rodent Trail though.

3. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
    I think there were a (very!!) few 'Persian' variants that came out of custom shop over the years, but I am not sure if I really seen the pics or just imagined them...

4. rpn

Mar 17, 2008
    Someone had a full on Persian up for sale on the exchange a couple weeks ago.

I had posted in wanted to buy a RMD Trailing Point with no luck...maybe b/c it doesn't exist! Hah!

5. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    This bowie is listed on the exchange. Don't know the seller or if this is anywhere close to what you're looking for rpn.

[​IMG]

6. rpn

Mar 17, 2008
    I was eye balling that one. Emailed the seller to see what the tip is like...wonder what the strength of it is like?

7. cut it out

cut it out Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Being a rat I bet it's strong :) But I really don't know just wanna see a post active here in the swamp. Lol hahaha

8. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    I've never got to handle one of those bowies. The trailing point of the rodent trails are still pretty stout, even with the flat grind.

9. rpn

Mar 17, 2008
    Lol! One of the reasons I posted the thread...c'mon Swamp! Live!

10. SevenOfNine

SevenOfNine

Nov 20, 2016
    That's really nice! I believe it's a Custom Shop Ratmandu ground as a bowie. I am a fan of bowies in general. Probably strong as all hell too, being a Swamp Rat. If the CS would re-open I would get a satin INFI version of that with a tan/black G10. Or comp finish would probably look pretty nice on that too.

11. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    Oh how I wish they would reopen! If they do though, better get the orders in quick. They'll get flooded :)

12. SevenOfNine

SevenOfNine

Nov 20, 2016
    Oh yeah, absolutely. I've got my ideas ready to go, just waiting for that wonderful moment when they post the CS-Open thread finally

13. rpn

Mar 17, 2008
    Looks like I found one- no?! :p

Got it from David Brown recently and I'll tell you- that is the nicest kydex sheath I've every seen. :thumbup::thumbup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Saw this one the other day...oh my wish I got it!

[​IMG]

And a couple pics with the SOS which always reminded me of a mini-RMD. I'm liking it alot! A lot of knife in a small package...check out that tip.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Cryptyc

Cryptyc Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2013
    She's thick! Those are some sturdy tips

15. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    Beautiful!! Congrats rpn, and way to go landing an sos as well. That one slipped past me in the melee lol.

16. jdigi101

jdigi101 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I love trailing point blades. I have been wanting a Rodent Trail for a long time but have not found the handle/finish options I like. Would make a great release. That is if the Swamp is to ever bless us in that manner again.

17. lex2006

lex2006 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 20, 2014
    Harpoon from the Custom Shop
    [​IMG]