Road Trip - What To Do

This coming Wednesday my daughter and I are leaving on a road trio back from Sacramento to South Bend. We'll be stopping in Salt Lake to visit relatives the 1st nite. Then on to Rapid City to see Mt. Rushmore the 2nd day. 3rd day we're driving thru the Badlands and past Wall Drug on our way to stay in Des Moine. And finally South Bend on the 4th day.

Is there anything special we should stop and see along the way or while we're heading from SLC on? Thanks!

I took that drive last year, a few things about South Dakota from my experiene

- when you are visiting mount rushmore do NOT stay in the town of keystone, it is the embodiment of a tourist trap. Rapid city is much better. Also make sure to drive a bit further out and see "crazy horse"
- wall drug is made to seem mythical by the time you get there but the food is mediocre and expensive. JMO

have fun!

I took that drive last year, a few things about South Dakota from my experiene

- when you are visiting mount rushmore do NOT stay in the town of keystone, it is the embodiment of a tourist trap. Rapid city is much better. Also make sure to drive a bit further out and see "crazy horse"
- wall drug is made to seem mythical by the time you get there but the food is mediocre and expensive. JMO

have fun!

Thanks for the info!:thumbup:

We're staying in Rapid City. I was mostly looking for the bumper stickers from Wall Drug.

Enjoy the time with your daughter. She will remember this trip forever. Sorry, I have never taken that route, so I cannot make any recommendations. May God give you traveling mercies.

CJ

If you are going through Minneapolis with a daughter, you can't possibly not go to Mall of America. Just to say you've been there.

If you are going through Minneapolis with a daughter, you can't possibly not go to Mall of America. Just to say you've been there.

Thanks protourist, got that covered already. :D

My daughter and I spent a long weekend 2 years in a row in Minneapolis. She played juniors volleyball at the Junior Olympics qualifier at the convention center. The highlight of each trip for the girls was the visit to Mall of America. I think more for the rides and funnel cakes than the shopping.

Enjoy the time with your daughter. She will remember this trip forever. Sorry, I have never taken that route, so I cannot make any recommendations. May God give you traveling mercies.

CJ

Thanks cj! Moving her and all her stuff in to an apartment across the street from Notre Dame.

The Black Hills and the Badlands are stunning. I thought Devils Tower was pretty cool but a little out of the way.

Back