1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Rodent 3 Comparison Pics?

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by Maggot Brain, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Maggot Brain

Maggot Brain

Jun 11, 2012
    Hello,

I'm just wondering if anybody has comparison pics of the Rodent 3 with blades like the Rodent Solution or others in this size range, thanks!:)

2. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension

Dec 2, 2008
  3. Maggot Brain

Maggot Brain

Jun 11, 2012
    Thanks for the links, Chiral! That definitely helps me get an idea of what to make of the R3....:)

4. Invinoveritas1911

Invinoveritas1911

May 14, 2012
  5. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
    I can take some more if needed.

6. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension

Dec 2, 2008
  7. elof_alv

Mar 13, 2009
    Shoot him PM here, that should help.

8. Invinoveritas1911

Invinoveritas1911

May 14, 2012
    Well....I guess since it was posted on another forum it would be alright to post here too. If I am wrong or out of line, I will be happy to remove them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. mcinfantry

mcinfantry

Jun 2, 2005
    last pic, knife above the pink paracord wrap... what is it?

10. Invinoveritas1911

Invinoveritas1911

May 14, 2012
    Busse Game Warden .193

11. mcinfantry

mcinfantry

Jun 2, 2005
    is the handle closer to the RS? i dont like the way the rodent 3 fits in my hand. I prefer the RS handle, but i like the blade length on the rodent 3 for cleaning animals

12. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Invinoveritas.... on an unrelated note, what is it that you are using to wrap the blades in before molding ??

I must say I just have not warmed to the current Rodent series of knives. I wanted to...but they just don't float my boat.... :(

13. elof_alv

Mar 13, 2009
    Swamp Warden + scales is your friend then. Blade length almost the same as R3, handle shape is similar to RS...
    [​IMG]

14. Invinoveritas1911

Invinoveritas1911

May 14, 2012
    Mcinfantry, the game warden is its own animal. It is a prime candidate for pocket carry because its thin, smooth and rounded everywhere. Very different from the boxy angles on the rodent 3. But still even more rounded and hand friendly than the rodent solution. It would be very comfortable to work with for any extended amount of time doing game processing. Maybe a little on the slick side though. I love them all! But, you can almost buy three rodent 3's for what a game warden will run.

Andy, its just blue painters tape and clear packing tape. Sometimes metal duct tape instead of the clear.

15. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Thanks mate... it was the clear tape that threw me, I use the same blude tape but with the clear over the top it looks almost like a shrink wrap :D

16. Invinoveritas1911

Invinoveritas1911

May 14, 2012
    Anytime Andy. I'm no pro, or expert - but have found that the texture of the blue tape, and the texture of the blade coating if there is one, will come through in the finished result. If you put a layer of clear packing tape or metal ducting tape over the blue tape, the impression will look better/smoother.

17. mcinfantry

mcinfantry

Jun 2, 2005
    thanks, i used to edc a rat trap (wore it out) and bought the rodent 3 (dont like the handle) and have two hawks. maybe illtry and trade a hawk and rodent 3 for one ;)

18. Maggot Brain

Maggot Brain

Jun 11, 2012
    I gotta admit that after looking at these photos, I'm also liking the looks of the Rodent Solution a lot more than the Rodent 3.....:thumbup:

19. ian_33

ian_33

Apr 1, 2012
    I also like the handle of Solution more :)

20. Hindsight

Hindsight Moderator Moderator

Dec 8, 2011
    Wow, I thought I was the only person to do that. :D