Roderick "Caribou" Chappel

Status
Not open for further replies.
cire: great posts. Thanks for coming in here. Welcome.

Funny, I find the notches appealing. It takes the knife to an understanding of traction for usage, even if it's at the expense of 100% smooth and beautiful curves (of which it has this in abundance everywhere.)

I got a private email from a respected member who questioned the love for his knives trumping his dishonesty in past circumstances. He would not touch them for this reason, regardless of the beauty.

I hope he resolved many (ALL) of them?

Lastly: on another thread in the GB&U it is stated he passed away this summer (2014). Anyone confirm or deny this?

Coop

Lastly: on another thread in the GB&U it is stated he passed away this summer (2014). Anyone confirm or deny this?

Hopefully, this isn't true. A quick Google search only turned up an obituary for Rod's son, who passed in 2001. The member who stated Rod's passing in GB&U has been banned, which questions his credibility.

Coop

As of mid-July he was still alive, Marcus Lin had contacted him that day.....and I hope that Marcus would know of and advise me of his passing.....I was contacted by a woman who is a friend of another of Rod's sons that I did not know about....Bradley Chappel....he's on Facebook...an artist.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Re Post
Hello Rod is alive.... I spoke to him earlier today. His cell number is current. I hope to visit him this weekend. I have been trying to reach A.G Russell. I was able to talk to Shella at The Cutting Edge. I let her know that he is alive and living in Anacortes WA. Please give him a call 425-622-7885

"The news of my death is greatly exaggerated!"

Good to hear. Thanks. I'm only asking as it was stated, but erroneously.

Jim

Hi I am a friend of Bradely Chappell Rods son in Colorado. If anyone has had success in finding Rod let me know. I will try the number listed. Thanks

571-969-9794

Adrianne

Went to the (sad ass excuse) for a knife show at the Riviera in Las Vegas on Saturday.

Had seen a pretty good selection of his work at Seattle Cutlery last year when I was home visiting mom and attending Daniel's show in Kirkland. The prices they were asking were under market demand.

I THINK, but am not sure, that Seattle Cutlery got the booth and flew Rod down for the show to sell both stock they had on hand and knives that Rod had as well.

He is 78 years old, undergoing kidney dialysis three times a week, had a heart pacemaker implanted recently and gets tired(he was nodding off at the table).

He has lost a lot of weight, and frankly had no idea who I was, which is a change from two years ago. I provide these images for those who are interested....and if you are looking for any of these knives, you know who to contact.
v3eyb4.jpg
2il0ef4.jpg
2ryrlsx.jpg

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

STeven, thanks for posting, I well understand, I probably would'nt know yoiu either. Getting old has a strong up side but it is not all fun.

Good to see he is still there, even if he is tired.

'best to all, A. G.

Thanks for posting this, Steven. Good to see Rod out and about. I think he looks pretty good for what he has been through. As always, great looking knives and I like his sweater too. :)

A large Blade I picked up by Rod. I have other giant stuff from him, as well.

Attachments

• DSC00602.JPG
    DSC00602.JPG
    196.6 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC00605.JPG
    DSC00605.JPG
    298 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC00606.JPG
    DSC00606.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 18
Status
Not open for further replies.