Rogue

First run of the Rogue will be thumb stud opener. It took me a while but, I finally came up with a flipper design that I like for the Rogue. So, a flipper version of the Rogue will be discussed for future production runs.

I was told all three of my designs should be available mid January. They are trying for SHOT show availability. We shall see.

Very excited for this design. With the addition of a flipper it would be perfect. I also like the thumb stud and pocket clip. Will you be leaving the thumb stud on the flipper version as I love having the option for both.

If all goes well with this model which I expect it to. Think you would be making a larger version?

More than likely, The Rogue will stay in it's current configuration for a while. A flipper version or a similar design with a flipper would most likely show up in the Vanguard series. How successful the Rogue is will help determine what happens next. A larger version is possible, we will have to see what the feedback is.

I've got one on pre-order at Knife Center. I figure they should get theirs at the same time as BladeHQ so hopefully it can ship on Monday/Tuesday. I'm really looking forward to getting this knife in hand and that price is incredible for S35VN, titanium and a designer's name!

Phosphorous bronze washers. I got mine today. I was concerned about the pocket clip but it feels good in hand and carries well. Everything seems good. I would have preferred a hollow grind or thinner stock. Thick spine with saber flat grind. I really like the look of the brushed titanium scales.

Phosphorous bronze washers. I got mine today. I was concerned about the pocket clip but it feels good in hand and carries well. Everything seems good. I would have preferred a hollow grind or thinner stock. Thick spine with saber flat grind. I really like the look of the brushed titanium scales.

Ah. I got mine, but I honestly couldn't 100% tell. :eek:

Opens slowly but smoothly.

Has an internal stop pin, too.

Surprised no more have shown up at other dealers since the few that BladeHQ had a week ago!

Oh yeah, I noticed that! Is there a benefit to that feature or is it for looks?

The hidden stop does have some different benefits, looks is one of them. For some, having a stop pin exposed in the back of the handle can detract from the look of the knife. For me, a hidden stop pin makes blade design much easier and cleaner. As an example, incorporating a flipper into a blade and working around an exposed stop pin can be a major pain and in some cases just not doable. Make it a hidden pin and now you have a much easier time designing the flipper.

You designed the Rogue with a slower deployment in mind, right? The one I got doesn't feel like a flicker, if that makes any sense.

You designed the Rogue with a slower deployment in mind, right? The one I got doesn't feel like a flicker, if that makes any sense.

That is correct. My idea with this knife was to use the thumber all the way through the opening. That being said, there is a technique where the blade can be flicked open.

Will there be a flipper version of the Rogue as originally stated? If so, any timeline?

More than likely, The Rogue will stay in it's current configuration for a while. A flipper version or a similar design with a flipper would most likely show up in the Vanguard series. How successful the Rogue is will help determine what happens next. A larger version is possible, we will have to see what the feedback is.

How about a Rogue flipper with thumb studs and drop point blade instead of a wharny?

Back