Ron Gaston knives - any experiences???

I saw some interesting fixed blades by Ron Gaston on AZCK's website. Does anyone have any experience with this maker's knives?

------------------
Kelly

SenatorsPlace.com
AKTI Member #A000289

Deo Vindice

I just received a Gaston dagger from a fellow forumite. It is very well put together and nicely balanced. But, as with any product you buy sight unseen, buyer beware.

------------------
Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

I spent a while at knife show looking over Ron's table. It seemed that every time I found a pattern I liked, there would be some small imperfection that would cause me to pass on it. Wait until you can buy one hands on, unless you aren't very picky about small details. When he gets it just right, his knives are beautiful and reasonably priced.

Actually, I don't think you can go wrong with a Ron Gaston knife. He is one of the most prolific makers there is as has been noted and will often have 60+ knives at a show. They are the most reasonably priced pieces you could hope to find in that quantity. To expect perfection I think is just a bit much. The small things that are not perfect are not going to be noticeable by most people and you are buying a $250-$400 knife, not one for $900 & up. I have owned a few Gaston knives (one still on display) and I have been very satisfied with the value received. I know many other collectors to feel the same.

I have owned Ron Gaston Knives. I would be happy to own more. I think Ron is fantastic knifemaker. I would reccomend his work to anyone. I also beleive that the dealer you are referring to, is very descretionary in what they buy, and sell. I don't think you would have any problems, with them, or with Ron's knives.

------------------
Lynn Griffith-Tactical Knifemaker
Winner of "Best Tactical Knife" at 1999 PKA show
My website
See my award winning "Spec Ops Tanto" in Gallery 3 of my website
GriffithKN@aol.com

Back