Rosarms should make a Loveless style chute knife

This is the Loveless Chute knife.
Dual_Logo_Chute_01.jpg

It is one of the few Loveless designs that has not been made by a production company. One of the reasons for this is it needs a mirror polished blade which few other companies can or will bother doing but which Rosarms is fantastic at.
The mirrored blade was so the parachutist could signal like a mirror with it.

The main purpose of the knife was original designed be a special operator and made by loveless as a knife that would be able to cut him out of his chute.
It should also not be to big so it does not get in the way but still useful as both a bush tool and fighting knife.

The pattern catches on and not just with parachutists. Here is a oveless Chute knife with stag.
Stag_Chute_01.jpg

Since the Loveless era other makers have made chute knives. Stand outs like
Steve Johnson and a favourite of mine Deitmar Kressler who does integrals (one solid piece of steel).
Kresslar-Dietmar-Final640.jpg

Other makers do good work for less than 3000$. Here is one for 500$ by Rob Brown. I rather like this one.
9.jpg

The reason I think Rosarms would be the perfect company to make this is they already do mirrored blades with hollow grinds just like a chute knife needs. The handle on my Rosarms bayonet would be ideal on a chute knife.
The natural micarta handle ,brass soldered guard and hollow rivets are simply ideal. Even the new and better leather sheaths would be perfect.This is the knife Rosarms is meant to make simply because their manufacturing is so similar to the Loveless style. Thats says something good about a production knife company that they are making their knives in the exact same style as one of the greatest custom makers ever.

Here is a pic of my Bayonet with a couple other Rosarm knives.
P7050056.jpg

Just look at the first Loveless chute at the top of the page and imagine it with natural micarta ,brass guard(or steel or aluminium) and all hollow rivits?
That would be a rosarms knife. It would also be one of those knives everyone who loves a chute style would have to buy.

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes YES!
One of my all time favorite disigns.

YES please. How long would it be? I'm thinking 5" blade and then later a mini one...

I was thinking about a 4 and a 1/2 to 5 incher. Another great Loveless design would be the New York boot knife. Not only are these great deaigns but Rosarms is onbe of the only companies capable of making them as intended with soldered handles and mirror polished blades. Even the sheaths are correct. The US and European companies can't afford the amount of hand finishing and the Chinese just don't have the skill. Maybe a Japanese company like Hattori could do a good job though. I think a Rosarms one with their steel and natural micarta would be perfect. I like the brass guard but I bet a steel or even nickel silver guard would sell better though.

Thanks macgragor ,do you have a Rossie yet?

Excellent suggestion guys!
I will forward it to our designers.

Will see what they can do!

Thank you again.

I was thinking about a 4 and a 1/2 to 5 incher. Another great Loveless design would be the New York boot knife. Not only are these great deaigns but Rosarms is onbe of the only companies capable of making them as intended with soldered handles and mirror polished blades. Even the sheaths are correct. The US and European companies can't afford the amount of hand finishing and the Chinese just don't have the skill. Maybe a Japanese company like Hattori could do a good job though. I think a Rosarms one with their steel and natural micarta would be perfect. I like the brass guard but I bet a steel or even nickel silver guard would sell better though.

Thanks macgragor ,do you have a Rossie yet?

Not yet I'm going to pick up a russian bayonet like yours soon.
Its the perfect cross between a randall #1 and a chopweiler, two of my favorite looking knives.

I love the bayonet it is even better in person. Mine shaved hair when I got. Not like a razor but it did cut the hair not just scraped it which is amazing for a huge knife.

Another great thing about Rosarms is they really do listen to suggestions and put them into production very fast. The sheaths for example were fixed as soon as they realized that this market wanted a thicker leather. The very next shipment had much better sheaths. I hope we get a Chute knife that fast.

I think it's a great and very marketable idea:thumbup:

Back